Chapter 30 - Girlfriend

"That's impossible. That's even impossible that she pregnant. She's a virgin, she's told me. And I.. I would never-"

"She can't be a virgin. I see the pregnancy test right in front of my face. I have three kids of my own and one on the way. I think I would know what two lines mean. And she told us that the baby was yours."

"We've never had unprotected sex, I can assure you that. We're very close in many ways, but not in that way. I promise you."

"So you're telling me my daughter is lying to me about who her baby's father is?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know. The things I do know are that Kaely and I have never had unprotected sex, and the last time we've talked about this kind of stuff, she was a virgin. I'm sorry to say that's the only information I have about this. I'll talk to her at school about this later, if you'd like me to," he offered.

"Don't worry about it. We'll get this straightened out. Thanks anyways, Noah."

"You're welcome, Ashton.."

I hung up the phone and walked up to Kaely's bedroom. After opening the door, I saw her sitting on her bed, curled up in a ball and crying. I called Chloe in.

"Kaely, you're going to be fine, but you first have to tell us who the real father is," I told her after Chloe had walked in.

"What do you mean?" She asked, "I already told you. The father is Noah. He's the only possible human being that could be the father of this child," she pointed to her stomach.

"Are you sure? Noah told me you two have never had sex. What do you have to say about that?"

"Okay, fine. Noah isn't the father..." Kaely sighed.

*Kaely's POV*

"Then who is?" Mum asked me, watching me and studying me. I had been procrastinating. Maybe they thought I didn't know? I didn't want to tell them it wasn't Noah's, because it definitely would be his.

"His name is.." I cleared my throat.

------

After getting to school, I found Noah and dragged him into the girls' bathroom, locking the door behind us.

"Kaely, what's this about?" He asked me, "and what was your dad saying about you being pregnant?"

"I- I am," I nodded, "and you know the baby is yours. Why did you deny it to my dad?"

"I'm sorry, Kaely Grace," he usually called me by both my first and middle names, "I was just so scared. I'm still shocked. We used protection, though.."

I shrugged, "I don't know what to do. My parents are mad at me, and I'll be having a baby around the same time my mum has a baby.."

"That's right.. Oh my god, Kaely Grace. I'm so sorry," he hugged me, kissing my forehead, telling me it would be okay. We weren't dating, but we were just best friends. It sometimes seemed like we were dating.

"You'll be fine, Kaely.. We'll find a way to get through this. This won't ruin our friendship, will it?" He asked, leaving his mouth open afterwards.

"No.. No, of course not," I smiled at him, hugging him once again, "I hope it won't hurt our friendship.. Not because of the baby but because..."

"Because of what? Is it twins or something? Please-"

"It's not twins," I told him, grabbing his hand and rubbing it a little. He smiled, "I'm a little happy about this.. I love kids, and you're my best friend, so there's no one better to have one with."

"Noah," I smiled, blushing, but he cut me off.

"Maybe since we're having a baby together, you should be my girlfriend," he smiled at me, then he bit his lip.

"I'll be your girlfriend," I smiled, nodding. I soon snapped out of the daze I was in while trying to comprehend what had just happened, "Noah... the thing that I worried would hurt our friendship is me worrying you. I hope I haven't worried you too much."

"Why are you worried about worrying me?"

"Because.. this is an April Fools joke," I bit my lip, not sure of how he would react.

"Kaely Grace Irwin! I swear t- ugh!" He exclaimed, putting his hand over his face, "how could you do this?"

"I'm sorry.. I did the same thing to my parents," I laughed a little bit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Flashback~

*Chloe's POV*

"His name is.." She cleared her throat, "April Fools."

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

"Fuck," Ashton turned around, running his fingers through his hair. He looked at me and sighed loudly.

"Kaely Grace, I swear.. If you ever do that again, I will- ugh," I groaned. I couldn't believe she had done this.

"This is just a gag pregnancy test," she laughed, "I bought it for, like, a dollar." She grabbed the box from Ashton and threw it in the trash can.

"Wow," I shook my head at her, still not understanding how she got us that good, "you need to be an actress."

"I should be, shouldn't I?" She smiled as Ashton and I nodded. She continued, "now, could I be alone? I need to figure out what I'm going to say to Noah at school."

"Don't be too harsh. Don't let him believe it the whole way like we did," I told her, "he wouldn't appreciate that very much."

"Maybe I should take the test to show him too.." Kaely gasped, "yeah!"

~Flashback Over~

*Kaely's POV*

"I hate you," he said jokingly.

"That's not something to say to your girlfriend.. That offer is still available, right?" I grinned.

"Definitely.. So do you accept it?" He looked me in the eyes as I nodded.

"Now let's go, so we aren't late to homeroom," I told him.

~

I'm so sorry if I tortured you guys with that cliffhanger last chapter... I just had to, and by the way, if you check the calendar for 2024, April Fools Day would be this date. I purposely didn't put "April 1, 2024" on the last chapter as the date😝 Again, I'm sorry, but I hope you guys have a good day:)

-Lizzie xx