Chapter 2 - Silly String & Showers

The next morning, I wake up next to Ashton in one of the rooms, the one that has the biggest bed and the most room. Ashton had told me he wanted to sleep in this room because when he was staying here with the guys, Luke had claimed this room to himself and nobody else got to sleep in it.

"Ashton.." I groan.

"What, babe?" He asks, getting out of the bed.

"What time is it?" My face was buried in the piles of pillows.

"It's eleven thirty."

"Ugh," I turned over.

"Do you want to go get some brunch?"

"Sure," I agreed, slowly getting up. I got showered and got ready, then made my way downstairs to find Ashton standing down there, waiting for me.

"You ready, babe?" He asked.

"Yeah," I was still pretty tired, though.

"Let's go," Ashton smiled as we walked out the door.

As we arrived at a local cafe, Ashton and I both ordered before sitting down.

"So.. What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"I don't know. But we have the whole next two weeks to do whatever we want," I smiled.

"Yeah."

"Maybe when we get back to the house, we can Skype mum, dad, and Kaely to tell them that we got here safely. Your mum too."

"We should, yeah."

"So what are we going to do for the next two weeks?"

"I have no idea. But it's just you and me, alone.." He smirked.

"Exactly," I smirked back.

------

We had decided to leave the coffee shop to go back to the house. Ashton dropped me off and told me he'd be back in a minute, that he had a surprise.

I walked up into our room, and only a few minutes later, the door opened slightly and I saw Ashton roll something in, then run off.

It was a can of silly string with a note attached to it that said, "this is your weapon, purple string. In this game, I am "allergic" to the purple string, and if it touches me, I lose a life. Same with you, but you're "allergic" to red string, what I have. We both should have three lives, but since I'm nice, I have three and you have four. Ready.. Set.. Go!"

I laughed, tearing the note off of the can. I slowly walked out of the room, my weapon in front of me. I made my way downstairs where Ashton had set up a fort for him and one for me. His fort was labeled, "King Ashton's fort". Mine was labeled "Queen Chloe's castle". I got inside of the "castle", and I laughed at my childish, yet creative, husband.

Within a few minutes, I had been hit four times, and I had only hit Ashton twice. Ashton jumped around in victory.

"I need to go shower to get this stuff out of my hair since it's almost drying in it," I told Ashton.

"Since I won, I'll join you," he smirked.

"You know I'm going to shower, right?"

"Yeah," he followed me upstairs.

"This is my prize for winning," Ashton took of the rest of his clothes and got into the shower behind me.

------

After we got out of the shower and got dressed, we made our way to the living room and picked up Ashton's laptop that was on the coffee table.

"Who do you want to call first?" I asked.

"My mum? Then we can talk to your parents and Kaely."

"Okay," I watched him get into Skype before clicking on his mum's name. She picked up after about twenty seconds of rings.

"Hey mum!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Hello, Ashton.. Chloe," she greeted.

"We're in LA now, safe," I smiled.

"That's great," she nodded, "how's the house?"

"Awesome! Do you want a tour?" Ashton picked up the computer, ready to show her around.

"That's okay, Ashton. I need to get some things done around the house. I'm glad to know you guys are there and safe," she smiled. Lauren and Harry ran past in the background, but came back and waved at us.

"Hey Harry! Hi Lauren!" Ashton smiled.

"You're in LA!" Lauren ran to the computer.

"Yeah, we are," I nodded. Ashton sat his hand on my thigh.

"Are you guys having fun?" Harry wondered.

"Definitely," Ashton told him, looking at me. I was looking at his hand and what I was doing was by instinct. I had ahold of Ashton's hand and was playing with his fingers. For some reason, his fingers were a fascination of mine. I loved playing with his fingers for the oddest reasons. I just loved everything about Ashton.