Chapter 23-The Almost Reveal

Zacznij od początku

"I mean you really tore my throat the other time in the woods and injured me badly but I'm alright now and I've learned from that." She said calmly as she continued trying to slice at me.

My heart was racing and I scowled angrily as my hands couldn't seem to find a weapon. I was in a bloody kitchen and my hands couldn't seem to grab a knife? What the bloody fucking hell! I cursed inwardly as I ducked just as the dagger whipped above my head.

Tissue box, napkins, plates, mugs, a rolling pin. I threw them all at Kelsey to hinder her. Where the hell was anything sharp that could be of use?!

Finally, my hands touched something smooth. Wine bottle! My fingers curled around the neck of it and I smashed it against Kelsey's head just as the blade of her dagger missed my neck by an inch.

Glass shattered and dark red liquid splashed onto the floor. Right now, I was pretty sure the kitchen was a huge mess. Shards of glass were littered all over the floor, red wine was everywhere and things I had thrown at Kelsey were lying around the kitchen.

As she was distracted, I turned around and a glint of a sharp blade caught my eye and I lunged forward and shoved it into Kelsey's stomach just as she was about to stab me once again with the dagger.

I watched in shock as Kelsey shrieked in pain and aimed to throw the dagger in my direction when the kitchen window broke and a light brown wolf I didn't recognise entered and lunged itself at Kelsey while dagger in her hand dropped and clattered onto the ground.

I gasped in shock as the light brown wolf pinned Kelsey down and gave deep scratches onto her body until Kelsey wasn't moving. The light brown wolf got off and shifted into a young man who bowed at me respectfully. "Luna are you alright?"

I watched him with wide eyes and shook my head to clear my thoughts, "Who the hell are you?"

"Your bodyguard, Owen." He answered and I averted my eyes realising that he was naked. "Right. Get the medics!" I ordered as I looked down at Kelsey who was gasping for breath as blood pooled around her body.

"Why are you trying to kill me?" I questioned and Kelsey shook her head. "I-I had no choice. If I didn't, he w-would have killed my mother." She gasped out in pain and I frowned and bent towards her.

"Who?" I demanded and Kelsey opened her mouth to reply, "Preston. K-" Before Kelsey could finish, a gunshot sounded and Kelsey died immediately.

I screamed in shock and arms pulled me away from Kelsey and the window. "Sydney! Are you alright?!"

I was too stunned to reply as my eyes remained on Kelsey's dead body. Her eyes were wide open and blood was everywhere. "Answer me! Are you alright?!"

Mutely, I nodded and buried my head into the familiar body and scent as tears rolled down my cheeks. Arms circled around me as Kingston hugged me tightly while murmuring soothing things in my ear.