Chapter 23-The Almost Reveal

Comenzar desde el principio

There wasn't a doubt about it. It was clear that it was Kingston's parents considering he was the spitting image of his father. Confusion swarmed through me as I stared at the photograph with shaky fingers. How could my parents know the late Alpha and Luna of the European pack?

As far as I knew, my parents had met each other in the North American pack despite being from another pack, and thus, they had decided to build a home there.

Warring thoughts battled each other and millions of questions were buzzing in my head. How the bloody hell could my parents know Kingston's parents?

I studied the picture closely and noticed a pretty blonde standing beside Kingston's father with a smile, but her eyes were sad and hollow as if she was faking the happy exterior. Kingston's father was fearfully frightening, his eyes were hard and his face was set into a perpetual scowl. Scars littered his face and whatever parts of the body that was exposed in the picture.

My parents on the other hand were smiling. My mom never looked more beautiful even though younger while my dad looked like a proud man as he held onto my mom gently and lovingly.

And if I wasn't wrong, my mother seemed to be pregnant with her slightly rounded belly. I didn't why but I teared up a little as I looked at the picture. I missed my parents and seeing this photo was bittersweet. Seeing them so happy and in love was achingly beautiful but the secrets behind this photo seem to be frightening.

The doorbell ringing broke me out of my confused thoughts and I quickly shoved the picture carefully into my pockets before going to greet whoever was at the door. Opening the door, I was met with Kelsey holding onto a pie with a sheepish grin on her face.

"Hi Luna, I-oh crap, I'm just here to pass you this. I'm really sorry for bringing up the Alpha's uh past with you. It was really inappropriate and well the pie is for you as an apology."

I couldn't help but let a slow smile cross my face at that and I gave her a broad grin. "It's fine, come on in. You can put the pie here." I said as I led her into the kitchen.

"You have a lovely home." Kelsey said thoughtfully as she glanced around before meeting my gaze. I shrugged, "Thank you, would you like a slice right now? It looks really delicious." I asked and took out a small knife to slice the pie into eight equal pieces.

"Thank you, it's my mother's recipe. Apple pie. I would have made chocolate seeing as you liked it but we were out of chocolate." Kelsey said as she looked around the kitchen.

I was in the midst of cutting the pie when what she said made me stop. How could Kelsey know that I liked chocolate? No one knew that except for my family and Kington or Cara. My blood froze and I took a quick glance at Kelsey to see her looking at me with a blank expression on her face.

"You seem to be really nice and I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. Please don't take it that way."

At her words, I froze in fear and watched with horror as she whipped out a knife and ran towards me. With my eyes wide, I managed to avoid her slashes in the air and I scrambled quickly to the kitchen counter for some weapon of sorts.