Chapter 7- Honey colored eyes

Dedicated to the lovely girl who made me that fabulous cover on the side... Girl you ROCK!!! Thank you sooooo much!! This chapter is just for you! Just follow the external link and you'll see it. It's soo freaking awesome. I am in love lol Thanks sooooo much @07goidow

*****

She was dreaming of honey colored eyes. Eye's that seemed so familair but yet still that of a stranger. She felt herself melting into the golden hew, swimming in the thick yellow as they stared down at her. Features were unreadable almost as if the golden yellow was drowning out everything, even her. She reached out to touch whoever it was in front of her only to be rebuffed. 

She went flying backwards. Shock ran through her. No one should be able to catch her off guard like that. She changed her stance, ready to meet her advasary head on only to freeze at the sight in front of her. She was looking into a mirror, a mirror of her younger self. Her baby blonde hair flowing around her. And no scar in sight. 

She reached to touch her bare left shoulder only to freeze at the fierce howl that seemed to be coming from a distance. Then the thunder of paws resounded in the air. Where were the honey colored eyes that made her feel so safe? Weren't they here? As the footfalls grew closer Cory began to panic. She was too little to fight them. She didn't even have her height to her advangtage. 

And then like a monster truck a familier scent hit her square in the chest. A scent so vivdly remembered that Cory didn't even care if she was too tiny to fight and found herself postioning herself in a killing stance. When the scent grew closer Cory found herself growling out into the stiffling darkness. Until, in what felt like hours, a blue black wolf skidded to a halt in front of her. She didn't waste any time and pounced but what she thought would catch him by surprise actually helped him capture her. 

"MURDERER!" Cory screamed when she felt a hand wrap around her eyes, obscuring her view of him and everything else. No other words were spoken as he held her small body. Only the sound of labored breathing and thundering paws. 

"I know who you are. I will never forget your smell." Cory whispered harshly and the arms tightened around her. With careful prosition she was turned around so that his hot breaths were brushing up against her proclien face. Yet his hand still obscured her vision. She bared her teeth at him but it didn't seem to faze him because he brought her close and pressed her against his body in a hug. 

"I'm sorry" he whispered so softly it seemed to get lost in the muggy feeling of dreams. She tried to open her eyes now that nothing was blocking them but it seemed impossible and with seconds it didn't seem to matter whether her eyes were open or not. Because in a span of a breath lips pressed against hers. Soft, suple lips that seemed to take the very essence of her. And then whoever was there was gone and she crumpled to the floor in front of the same mirror only she was herself again with the ugly scar. 

And as she looked at herself, a burning so fierce took ahold of her. Her scar felt like someone took a hot pocker to raw skin. She felt a scream building up in her but tried to hold it in until it became so fierce her whole body felt burned alive and, with a scream so loud it could have woken the dead, she woke up.

She gasped for breath, her throat raw, as she remembered the hot feeling of her dream. She hoped she didn't wake anyone only to be disappointed when her parents came bursting through the door. They rushed towards her, both of them looking around for any intruder before focusing thier attention on her.

"It was a bad dream guys you can go now." Cory rasped causing her mother to put her hand to her forehead. Cory pushed it away with a huff but she say that her mother exchanged her worried glance with her husband.