Chapter No.1 - Take Me Home

This work is copyrighted by creativecommons.org and any copying of the idea or the work itself is against the law and the person(s) will be subject to a fine.

Hello one and all. :) this is attempt #2 at writing a story. Nobody commented or voted on my last tale so I got really discouraged and deleted it. Expecially because I saw how many people had 100+ votes and comments on the first weeks where as I had none. I will [try] not [to] get discouraged this time. Help me out, please? Comment, anything from "upload soon" to "you could've done better on ____ and ____". Heck, even say "I liked it". Even though it seems like a little, it's our fuel (as another wattpad writer once put it) to keep on writing. Without comments or votes, we think nobody liked our work at all. Well anyway, please comment and vote if you think it's good enough. Thanks for reading my rant :) and enjoy! :)

Thanks again! 

<3, Sally 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling with the glow-in-the-dark stars staring back at me. Soon, I wouldn't have to stare at these fake ones. Soon I'd be back home, where the stars shine the brightest.

Home.

The word sounded foreign, even to me.  

"I should probably start packing....” I muttered to myself as I closed my eyes and gently rubbed my temples. Groaning as I rolled off, I walked to my closet. The doors were covered in photos of Ari, Sam, John, and I doing our regular shenanigans. Sliding the doors wide open I  pulling out a light blue pillow, and a bag full of over ten I had checked out from the library. (You see, it's true that's there's a limit to how many books you can check out. (That limit is usually about three, but when you read so much that the librarians start calling you "Matilda", you kind of have special exceptions made.)

I gently tossed the book bag onto my bed and continued rummaging about my room for my other things. Toothbrush and such toiletries were not needed; we already had some back home. I grabbed my dark green backpack and began filling it with things I needed like clean towels, a swimsuit, and a blanket. As I put my bag on my bed I looked at the dark blue unicorn quilt on my bed. True, I was going to be a senior next year... but I've always loved unicorns, regardless of my age. It had been a birthday present from my mom three years ago. She knew that I love the color blue, unicorns, and quilts so combining the three was the perfect gift.

Staring at it, I decided to not bring it along. I ignored the pangs of sorrow, threw both bags onto my back, and walked to the sapphire blue door of my room (which was also covered in photos of our little gang). I put my hand out to grab the golden sphere handle and stared at it as it were to burst into flames by touching it.

It's not too late to turn back, is it? I could tell dad I'm not feeling well... He probably doesn't want to go either.

I shook my head in a vain attempt to clear my head of such thoughts.

Come on! You can do this.

Sharp realization hit me. The courage I had been building up for many months now quickly began to evaporate. I could feel the all too familiar feelings setting in. After having spent so long mending a broken heart

Despite my determination, I felt my throat begin to hurt and my eyes begin to water. Beathing suddenly became a lot more harder. I tried with all my might to not cry, and here I was blubbering like a baby.

I wiped the tears from my eyes before they could spill.

Come on, now! You can be strong!

Crying will get you nowhere, I learned this the hard way not too long ago.

Closing my eyes and sighing, I reached for the handle once more. For a moment, I stopped myself and froze. My bags fell to the floor with a thud. I ran back to my bed and quickly took the quilt off my mattress. I stared at it in my hands and hugged it tightly, as if my life depended on it.

Can't forget this, now can we?

I folded it quickly and put it one of the bags I was carrying. Now I was ready to go. Without any more hesitation, I opened the door and walked down the hall to the staircase.

I walked halfway down the stairs to see an angry looking dad at the bottom. His arms were crossed and he was tapping his foot imaptiently-but I knew him all too well. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up, sleeping beauty!" he said with a smile playing at his lips, his angry mask melting almost immediately.

I smiled and said, "Well you see dad, I would have gotten up earlier if your snoring hadn't kept me up all night! You can't blame me." I threw my hands up in the air, pleading innocence. My book bag fell to the floor with a loud thud as we both laughed. "Ashley, did you borrow the whole library?! Christ!" I simply smiled and said, "Maybe... I just couldn’t decide between Of Mice and Men and To Kill a Mockingbird, and there were a bunch of Sarah Dessens I had been meaning to read for a while now. Not to mention the books I have to read for my summer assignment… Margret said that they were too many even for me, so I had to leave a lot behind.”

Margret is one of the nice old ladies that works at the library, we have tea and talk about life every once in a while. She also smells nice, unlike most old people. 

"Hey, dad", I began as I walked to the kitchen to grab my cellphone from the counter, looking at the time," isn't the drive from LA to Frisco (San Francisco) kinda far? Hmm...  I'd say it is. I'd say about a good six hours. Its about to be eleven a.m. Then there’s an hour or so of traffic... Not to mention the handful of hours it'll take to clean the place up and unpack... We might miss the new episode of CSI!".

As expected, at the mere mentioning of what he calls "the greatest show to ever be created since the creation of television" got his attention. Suddenly, this became an extremely urgent matter and I could see the determination in his eyes. He never missed a new episode. Today was most certainly not going to be the first time, either!

He ran to the kitchen, grabbed his keys off the same counter and bolted for the door.

 "Hurry up, slowpoke!" he called after me as he ran out the front door. He was running toward the garage to get the car. On the way there, he tripped on a small pebble, but managed to catch himself before he could fall; only to continue running. I burst out laughing. Don't get me wrong, I respect my dad but we have a sort of friendship more than a father-daughter relationship. I love my goofy dad. As I walked to the door I began to think with a smile, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

We both climbed into my dad’s SUV and so began the journey that would change us forever...

________________________________________________________________________________

Well, what did you all think? please leave a comment and/or vote. I'd appreciate it sooo much! Thanks a million. I'll try and upload asap! Thanks again, to all!

Vote~Comment~Share~Smile

Sally :)