Chapter 3

Felix

Felix slept again after his mind wandered off for a hour or so. He woke up with the sun and a nurse checking his pulse.

He looked at the nurse in wondered as she moved around the room, checking his vitals and more.

She noticed him awake and smiled. "Oh, hi. You're awake."

Felix just nodded.

"Is there anything you want?" The nurse asked him as she began to check his IV on his hand.

He only missed playing his games at home but he shook his head as he sat there in silence.

"Well, you know, the whole town is talking about you being the only one. You're so lucky!" She babbled on about him surviving the crash without trying to mention about how the others were dead.

Felix looked away as she was talking on and on about him.

Then nurse hand him a newspaper but it wasn't an article about him but something else. "But I thought this would interest you... A girl fell over the same falls and she survived somehow. They are saying she's a miracle and stuff."

Felix took the paper and looked at the article. He noticed the name as a girl named Skye Featherborn. She was in his school over a year ago but left because of bullying. He knew who she was.

"I want to meet her." Felix suddenly said as he was reading more.

"Oh, actually, you can!" The nurse said with excitement.

Felix looked at her but he thought he had said those words to himself but to his embarrassment he spoke them aloud. He didn't care because he did want to meet Skye.

"How?" Felix asked the nurse.

"Well, you see, I can have her come by your room. She comes by for counseling and she always come when people ask to meet her. It's strange though because she hardly stays long. So don't get your hopes up if she comes by and doesn't talk to you." The nurse explained to him.

Felix nodded slowly. "I don't mind." He said softly.

"Alright then!" The nurse clapped her hands. "Since I'm done here, I'll go see if she's here now!"

Felix nodded and soon the nurse left his room.

He closed his eyes as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was dreaming of the crash again. Inside the bus, where he was the only one. His eyes were opened. But something was with him.

It was a girl. She smiled as time suddenly stops, the bus wasn't rolling anymore. She stood in midair.

Felix stared at this girl as she smiled at him.

"You are chosen." She whispered to him.

Suddenly all around him, it became dark but yet, she was lit like a firefly. She never moved but her arm moved up to the sky. The bus wasn't there anymore but he could see the dark sky... Then the stars. Then the moon. The girl pointed now at the sky.

"You will be one of the star children." She whispered.

Then the light got bright from her. Felix raise his arms to shield his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He woke up. It was a strange dream.

Felix heard a soft humming come from a chair next to him. He looked over and nearly scream but he went quiet quickly... There, sat the girl he saw in the news article. Skye.

"Skye." He mumbled out.

Skye stopped humming and stared at him. "I was wondering when you be awake. That nurse was so excited when she found me. Said that you asked for me." Skye said as she looked at Felix up and down.

"Well, yea..." Felix mumbled again.

Skye nodded as she slowly stood up. "I know who you are, Felix Higgins. Both being that you are a survivor and from school. I am sad that you were bullied too. At least fate got you instead of them."

Them being the students that were killed. Felix flinched at the thought.

"Sorry." Skye said as she sat down. "My words got the best of me."

Felix shook his head, "No... no... it's alright. I know about you being bullied too." Felix said as he sat up straight in the bed.

Skye nodded slowly. "So you know me after all."

"Only rumors." Felix replied.

"Enough of that. I have something to ask of you, seeing that you are not hurt at all or anything." Skye leaned over towards him. Felix almost jumped when she done that but he kept still as he looked at her, waiting. "Was there a girl?" Skye asked.

A girl? Felix had thought but he remembered his dreams and nodded to her. "I recalled a girl before I blacked out." He said.

"I see." Was all she said.

Then she got up from the chair and went to the window. "When are you released?" Skye asked him with her back away from him.

Felix looked at her and thought for a moment. "Tomorrow, I guess." He answered finally.

"Good. We will meet again." Skye said as she turned to him. "Try not to bother going back to school for a while."

"Wh---" Felix began but she raised her hand to stop him.

"Because sometimes, being bullied and being the only survival will not be a good thing. Especially to that school." Skye answered for him.

Felix noticed that she did make a point. So he nodded.

"Good. We will meet whenever you are able." Skye said as she slowly walked toward the door.

"Wait! How am I going to contact you?" Felix asked her before she walked out.

She turned her head and replied, "Don't worry... it'll be destiny next time." Then she was gone.

Felix sat there in silence as he lay back down. His mind full of questions and confusion. But somehow, deep down, he knew what she had meant.