Chapter 2

Felix

School never felt so dreadful for him as he looked out of the school bus window, heading to his school. They did not exactly excite Felix for what they planned for that day, either.

The morning sun nearly making it seem like the day would drag on. Soon, the brakes on the bus made a noise. He knew he was at the school. He didn't dare want to get up.

"Hey, kid!" The bus driver pointed at Felix. "You better get off!"

Felix nearly jumped out of his seat and walked down the aisle of the bus with his head ducked down. He hoped that the bus driver wouldn't notice him, but he did. Now, as Felix walked down the steps, he felt the eyes of many students staring at him.

He had to wear the Skyrim shirt he bought online, to school. Now all the kids would make fun of him. They knew how he was. He stayed at home and played games all night long. They knew how he was different and didn't have friends. He gripped his favorite YouTuber backpack over his shoulder and walked towards the school, trying to ignore the whispers of the students.

Felix kept on walking, hearing them call him out "Hey, dovahkiin!" and other names. Felix walked really fast as he finally reached his locker.

Then a guy whom everybody called Scott came up to him and poked at him. "Yo, look! It's Dovahklin!" Felix flinched a bit when Scott said that. Felix turned towards his locker as he noticed eyes were on him and Scott. "Oh! Look, he's acting like a guard!" Scott said in a loud voice. Felix just knew there were more people watching him and Scott. Soon, Scott pushed him a bit. Felix turned with his fists clinched with arms down. "What are you going to do? Fu Rah Dos me?" Scott grinned. An enormous set of laughter started.

"It's FUS RO DAH!" Felix almost shouted at his face. More laughter as people began pointing at him.

Soon, the bell rang and Scott kicked at Felix's knee. "Oops... now you got to work at guard duty." More laughter as everybody scattered to their classes.

Felix almost fell but caught himself, but was glad when Scott left. Felix quickly put his backpack into the locker and took nothing out, since the class trip was today. He closed the locker and went to class quickly. He almost made it just as the teacher was closing the door.

"You made it this time." The teacher hissed at him.

Felix just nod as he went to his desk in the back of the classroom.

"Alright, you all know that we are going on a class trip to the local falls, right?" The teacher asked the class.

There were a few yeses and cheers and nods.

Soon, the teacher told the class the rules...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later, they were all getting on the bus. Felix was the last to get on, since he didn't really want to be stuck with anybody. Almost all the seats were taken, but one... the one in the middle, close to the exit. (Minor detail: The bus is long, but it has three door exits, with one of the three exits being in the middle.)

Felix felt all the eyes were on him. He heard all the whispers. Finally, the teacher came on.

"Alright, everybody, please be settled. We are about to go now!" The teacher shouted at them. Then the teacher sat down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been 30 minutes on the ride. The bus was not comfortable for Felix. Each bump, he felt it. Each mile the roll on, he felt something hit his head. It was a paper wad.

He kept his eyes out of the window each time. They were close to the mountain, with the river below them.

Felix then saw something shimmer between the trees. He rubbed his eyes and stared back out the window. It was a girl. It appeared as if the girl was following them.

"Impossible..." Felix whispered.

Scott heard him unfortunately, "Impossible, what?" Scott asked him with a evil grin from behind him.

Felix ignored the grin and continue to stare at the shimmering girl. "Don't you see her?" Felix asked him.

Scott looked out of the window and laughed loudly. "See what? All I see are trees and more trees!" He said it loud enough for everybody to laugh.

The teacher was trying to keep everybody quiet.

"Be careful." A soft girl's voice came to Felix.

Felix looked around him. "Did you guys heard that?"

Scott climbed over the seat and sat beside Felix. "Heard what, Felix? A Dragon?!" He laughed more.

Soon, Felix heard somebody say, "Look out!" Felix looked up and looked towards the front of the bus. The girl was there, standing in the middle of the road. She was smiling, he had noticed. "Watch OUT!" Felix shouted!

But the bus driver served towards the cliff that was there. The trees had disappeared. Felix could only think of the impossible, as he felt gravity giving away. All around him, he noticed all the students screaming. Scott had disappeared from beside him. Soon, the bus tumbled over the side of the cliff. Glass breaking, other sounds that Felix didn't dare to question. He held onto the seat as tightly as he could. He didn't dare to close his eyes as he watched some of his classmates being thrown around each time the bus rolled and rolled. They were heading towards the river. Slowly and slowly, the screams were dying away.

Felix soon closed his eyes as he waited for his turn to go. The bus hit the water, a small hiss came from the engine as Felix soon realized that the bus was sinking and floating down the river... towards the waterfalls!

Felix felt the water surrounded him. He didn't know how to swim. He felt himself slowly give away...

"This is not your fate. Not yet." A girl's voice appeared in his head. He felt something grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the bus through the broken windows.

As soon as Felix felt the cool air, he gasped as he felt himself pulled towards the shore. He heard what was left of his classmates screaming as they and the bus went over the falls. He watched them go over.

Soon, he felt the rocky area... Felix looked up at the sky. He could only see the sun, then stars, then the dark... slowly, he felt himself drift into blackness as he passed out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the tragedy, so many students, the teacher and the bus driver were found killed from impact. Many students had drowned because they were dragged down the river and down the falls. It had taken many weeks to find many of them.

But yet, there was only one survival. His name was Felix. He had been in the hospital for weeks, due to broken bones and head trauma. But he was lucky to survive.

It was night when all was silent. A girl in white stood by his bed as she leaned over to kiss his head softly. She whispered in his ears, "You are safe, my starchild."

Just as Felix woke up screaming, she had disappeared.

His father was staying in another room, he heard him and came to check on him.

Felix finally calmed down after his father hugged him.

Soon, Felix looked out of the window at the bright moon and wondered why he was the only one that survived.