Chapter 2. The reaction

james pov

I reread sadies letter for the hundreth time that morning. Even after reading it so much the words were still foriegn. They still surprised me at every line. I had always thought that she hated me. I didnt blame her after what i did to her if she never talked to me again. I had hurt her and at the same time i had hurt myself to.  

I ended our friendship for many reasons. But i lied about it to her. I didnt care what people thought. Well maybe i cared a little but it wasnt enough to make me not ever talk to her again, just enough to maybe not be so close all the time at school.  

There were more reasons. Oh so many more. I was always afriad that she would leave me and get a boyfriend or other friends and just decide that i wasnt important, that are friendship wasnt worth anything. I was afraid that i wasnt a good enough friends for her. But most of all i was afraid of her. I loved sadie as more then a friend and i was sure she could never love me in that way. It hurt me and i was afraid of what it could do to me and our friendship. But in the end all it did was break it.

I wanted more than anything to be sadies friend again, but after the letter i thought that maybe i had been wrong, maybe sadie could actually love me in the way i loved her. Maybe i stood a chance. She had never had a boyfriend for all of middle school. While i did ignore her at school i still alway knew what was going on in her life. She did live across the street from me so that made it easier!

I decided to take a step forward to maybe get a little closer to her. I turned on my computer and waited while it loaded the internet. I signed on to facebook and ignoring all the notifications and posts i searched her name and clicked add friend. I knew she wouldnt see it till she got home but it would be waiting for her to surprise her.

Then i turned around and stood up leaving the letter behind.

-----------------------------------------