Chapter 6

Please don't hate me lol

Due to Eleanora's constant fretting over him -- Harry drank so much herbal tea that he never wanted to take another sip of it ever again --  Harry found himself in tip-top shape the next morning. He awoke without a fever, though his throat was still somewhat sore. The only warmth he felt was the delightful heat coming from Eleanora's body.

He eased the blankets over her still sleeping form before easing out to walk the castle. As usual, he barked his orders and gave the maid staff hell. His bath was extra hot, his clothes washed and pressed, and his breakfast more plentiful than usual. Harry had to make up for his absence yesterday.

It was in the middle of him eating his eggs when Eleanora came in. For some reason that made his heart leap -- and he smiled at her. A genuine smile that was softer than his malicious smirks.

When Eleanora woke she was a bit scared that he regretted it, regretting letting her in and wanted to go back to how it was.

But she was pleasantly surprised when she came downstairs to see him smile at her. Relief sagged through her, knowing that he genuinely was going to try.

Sitting next to him, she noticed her chair being pulled a bit closer to his and that made her stomach erupt with butterflies. Maybe they /could/ work.

"Good morning, are you feeling better?"

Pleased that Eleanora took the hint and sat next to him, Harry placed his fork and knife on his plate to give her his full attention. There was a bit of shyness to his posture, shown in the way that he unconsciously pulled at his top or fixed his hair.

"Oh, yes. Much better. Though I had to turn my head when one of the cooks offered to make me a cup of tea." He laughed quietly as he looked over at his glass of water before back to her.

Harry told himself that he was only being nice because she had cared for him and he wanted to repay her somehow. But, for some reason, that made him almost... sad? Guilty? Upset? Couldn't he be genuine?

Clearing his throat, he returned to his breakfast. "Did you sleep well?"

"I slept well, thank you. Very warm, helps me sleep." She smiled shyly, taking a sip of the tea that was made for her.

She could tell Harry was a bit uncomfortable but she couldn't figure out why, exactly. She wasn't someone to be nervous around, she had bathed him and nursed him back to health. She had already seen more of him than most.

"Did you want to continue lessons today? Or do you have other duties?"

"Lessons, please." Though Harry did have a few duties that needed attending to, he figured he could put them off until later. After all, his mother had told him once before than an education was the most important thing in a person's life.

Speaking of which, Anne chose that moment to walk in. Her hair was long and loose, free from its normal braid. Harry had always liked it that way. It made her look like an elven queen. He smiled as he remembered his younger self telling her that.

She paused momentarily, looking between the two of them -- Harry smilin and Eleanora sitting close -- before her features twisted in confusion. "Good morning," she said cautiously as she sat down.

Eleanora looked up with a smile. "Good morning, Anne. How did you sleep?"

Anne looked at the pair curiously, not sure what had happened but she liked it. Her son was looking at Eleanora tenderly as she looked at Anne, making her believe maybe he'd had a change in heart. And that made her so, so happy.