Chapter 4

Hey pals :) I would really appreciate a comment and vote! They give me a lot more motivation to update more frequently xxx

Harry wasn't going to go to the library at first.

There was so much to do in so little time. It was after he attempted the first task on his list of objectives (fencing, which he was downright horrid at) that he changed his mind. After the fight with Anne, he knew he was going to be utterly useless.

Pushing open the doors to the library, he was greeted with the sight of Eleanora, surrounded by a stack of books. There was a piece of paper in front of her, complete with a pen. She would read information and then turn to write something. Harry was envious of how easy it was for her.

He pulled out the chair next to her, plopping down in it after. A long, exhausted sigh left his lungs before he grabbed a clean sheet. "Please distract me from my thoughts."

She heard him come in but had ignored him at first. There was no greeting so she had thought maybe he came in to ask Liam something, as he was the guard stationed to watch the door.

But no, he came and plopped right next to her, grabbing a paper and pen and asked for distraction.

She looked up at him from beneath her lashes before sighing and putting down the book, with her paper of information inside of it.

Taking a clean piece of paper she placed it in front of herself.
"Show me what you remember."

Harry swallowed hard before looking down at the paper. It was a bit nerve-wracking to have her staring at him like that as he worked. Even so, he pushed past that bit of fear and began.

The first few letters were easy. It was only when he got to 'm' and 'n' the he got confused. How man bumps were there? Which came first? And what came after?

Hoping to distract her from his stupidity, Harry cleared his throat. "What we're you reading and writing?"

"I was reading about how to care for raccoons." She smiled but didn't go too off track.

"I'm going to show you the alphabet again alright? There's no need to be embarrassed, we can't learn this in a day." She said softly, rubbing his arm.

She picked up the paper and showed him again, this time leaving little drawings under it to show what each letter connected it.

An apple under a, a book under b, a cat under c, so on an so forth.

"Does that help a little?"

The mention of raccoons had Harry's lips curling into a scowl. That disgusting creature... To think he was actually allowing it to roam the halls of his castle -- especially after it bit him! He was definitely going to kick it when Eleanora wasn't looking.

Back to the moment, though. He watched with attentive eyes as she took her time with sketching small pictures underneath the letters. It really wasn't fair. Not only was she smart but she was also artistically talented. Harry wanted to slam his face against the desk.

It was after her turned his head to cough -- his throat was rather sore this morning -- that he picked the pen back up. "Could you... Show me these again?" He drew an "m" but with one bump too many.

"And what comes after them? Everything after that kind of blurs together."

"Of course. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, there is no such thing as a stupid question." She said proudly. "My tutor always told me that."

She took his hand and guided it to make an 'm'. "It goes, L, M, N, O! They way I remember it is you have 2 bumps at first, and then you take one away."