~14~

•Maelie Rogers•

Rage. The only thing I can feel right now. "Maelie! Calm down!" Will yelled. "Say the 3 words! What are 3 things that cannot be hidden?!"

"The sun. The moon. The truth," I said and repeated it until I was calm. We were in my basement and I was trying to learn  control. Footsteps were heard coming down the steps.

"Hey guys I have to go out," our mother said. We both nodded in understandment. So my mother apparently helps other werewolves when they need her. She never tells us who specifically she sees so we never really came across to it.

"Mae you have to stay chained up all night okay?" Will said.

"No! I actually feel fine..." I trailed off. Will rolled his eyes and took a seat across the room. I was just standing there thinking. Do I love Derek? It was something to think about.

Hours have passed. It's currently 11:45 pm. All of a sudden, my phone started to ring. I looked over and it said Derek. I rolled my eyes but Will got up and answered it. "Hello?"

I heard, "Will, it's Derek. Come quick my house is on fire. Your mother is here." Then he hung up. Shit. Will quickly untied me and we left. We got in he car and drove. Will was probably breaking many laws but I didn't care at this point. My mother is in there. By the time we got to the woods we got out and ran. We ran because our mother's life depended on it. We got there and part of the house was in flames. I ran to go inside but Derek grabbed my waist. "Mae no. It's too dangerous. They already got the bodies out," he said. My eyes widened.

"Is she okay? Is my mom okay?" I asked quickly. Tears filled his eyes as he shook his head.

"Everyone died besides my sister, Laura and my uncle, Peter," Derek said tears falling down his face. My whole world just fell apart. Derek enveloped me in his arms as I cried. Will just stood there, staring at the flames that were eating the house alive. I picked me head up and he let go.

"Ever since I met you, my life was great. Then, you got me involved and my life fell apart. Just because you're comforting me, doesn't mean anything. My life is ruined because of you. Just stay away from me and my brother because that's all I have left," I said through sobs and walked over to Will grabbed his hand and went over to the ambulance that our mother was in. She was in a body bag. I couldn't even pay attention to any word that the paramedic was saying. My mother is gone. And it's all Derek Hale's fault.

••
a/n
OML OML OML OML OML THIS BOOK IS ENDING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I'm glad to see some of you guys are really liking this story... i have plans for this book... and the next one 😏
-kel