~5~

Maelie Rogers•

Derek kissed me. Derek freaking Hale kissed me. I can't believe it. I really like him. Something just felt right. I don't know what is it... but... it felt fantastic. He was my first kiss. I can't get the smile off my face. I'm sitting in the music room and can't concentrate because Derek's on my mind. He's not even my boyfriend but he feels like he is. I was trying to play a song when Derek's face showed up at the door. I started playing. When I messed up I sighed heavily and put down my violin and looked at Derek who looked concerned. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just got a lot on my mind," I said.

"Like what?"

"Why'd you kiss me?" I asked.

"Because I like you Mae," Derek said and I smiled.

"I like you too Derek," I said and he smiled and leaned in to kiss me again. Our lips moved in sync until Derek abruptly pulled away.

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asked sheepishly. I nodded with a big smile and hugged him. We eventually parted and I put my violin away and stood up with my bag. Derek grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers as we walked out of school. Once we got out I saw a man, maybe in his 20s watching us. I looked at him curiously and looked at Derek to see him glaring at the man. I directed my attention back to the man who smirked at me. Then he walked away. What the hell was that?

"Derek? Who was that man?" I asked.

"No one," he said harshly. I sighed and didn't speak as he walked me home.

"Thanks," I mumbled and let go of his hand as I walked up to my house and didn't turn back. I peeked out the window and saw Derek run his hands through his hair. He kicked my mail box and he bent the pole it was sitting on. My mouth was agape as he fixed it effortlessly. I took a few steps back. How the hell did he do that? I ran upstairs and began to pace around. I was so confused, so scared, what does this mean? I'm supposed to go on a date with him. I'm not sure when... but... I don't even know how he did that. Why am I thinking about this date? I can't go on a date with Derek. Not until he explains what the hell that was.

••
a/n
WHHHHAAAATTT?? she's getting curious.... 🙊 I guess you'll just havta wait until next week to see....
-kel