Chapter I: Remember!?

Wake!

Haven was shocked into reality, or what seemed to be reality. He had no idea who or where he was. He couldn't remember what had brought him here or why.

"Ugh!" he jerked from a lying to a sitting position; grabbing his head in sudden pain.

There was a ferocious throbbing pain that emitted in waves from the center of his skull.
But, as quickly as the pain had come it was gone.

He was so confused and he didn't know why. He had so many questions and he knew he had the answers. He just couldn't remember.
He began to freak out, without answers he felt so naked, so afraid. He felt sick to his stomach. He was about to completely snap. He felt as if everything was closing in on him and there was no escape.

Stop!

Everything came to an abrupt halt. He had an answer to this problem.

"Stop and think." he whispered to himself.

He jumped at the sound of his own voice. It was the first time he had listened to his own voice since...

"Since when!?" he cried out in frustration. "I know that I know", he said in a reminiscent tone.

He took a deep breath. And then a couple more. He collected his thoughts.

"That's it!" he yelled out with the greatest sense of accomplishment. "Just calm down and think." he echoed.

Sitting in silence, with his legs folded, he began to concentrate. He tried to remember how to remember, but was drawing blanks left and right. He decided to change the topic of thinking.

"Think about what?" he said in a frustrated attitude as he couldn't think of anything to think about.

He started to look around remembering to survey the area to hopefully spark a thought process.

He saw a few items neatly laid out, only a few feet away. Shocked at just noticing them he stumbled backwards as though caught off guard.
He slowly crawled towards them to examine them. All the objects in front of him were called to memory as he grazed his hands over them individually. There were seven. He spoke their names almost nostalgically as he remembered.

"Hammer, boots, pants, shirt, jacket, ... uhhmm", he thought for a moment, trying with increasing focus to recall the items name. He picked it up and turned it over in his hands.

"Oh yeah", he whispered "necklace."
He stared at the trinket in his palm, mesmerized by the ornate polished wood symbol that hung by strong lace. It seemed so familiar, but he knew that he never had a memory of something like this.

"Cool", he cooed. "What's that...", reaching for a small polished wooden "... box." he said plainly.

"Wait!" he suddenly recalled his immediate situation. "Where the hell am I!?"

He decided to go as far as he could and return before twilight. "Duh!" he said realizing, "I'm outside and it's day time, and its gonna eventually become night time." He then realized that if he continued to blurt out everything he was thinking he would easily lose his train of thought.

"Okay . . . Go!" he exclaimed marking the beginning of his focused expedition.

He slowly stood up and almost fell to his face, he had just realized that he probably hadn't walked around in a while because his legs were still asleep.
He regained balance and turned slowly and completely around. He was extremely confused. As he turned, all he saw was clear sky with a sea of pure white mist surrounding what appeared to be a hexagonal platform.
He was slightly intimidated by the somewhat eerie scenery, but he was determined. Before stepping off the platform he would investigate it. It was fairly large. Probably capable of fitting a well-sized home with enough room left over to raise a family, a few pets and a garden big enough to grow sufficient crops. Only if the floor wasn't solid granite. Or was it some other rock altogether...

"Focus!", he blurted to reassert his attention to the task at hand. He had finally reached the edge of the platform after about two minutes of walking.
When he came to a halt by the platforms edge, he looked at the thin layer of fog that blanketed the ground. He took one more deep breath, and for some reason the air was filled with the scent of a beautiful green forest. He focused on the seemingly endless path of mist ahead and stepped off the platform.

And then he began to fall.