32: Critic Choice Awards and Phone Calls

Start from the beginning

"Can you go get it for me?" I tell her.

"Yeah," she says hopping off my lap. I looks to Josh desperately and then Liam. They both give me sympathetic looks. Taylor comes back with necklace in hand.

I take off my necklace. And take hers in my hand. I got these specially engraved. Her has a TAL and mine has a JSL. Together they form a heart. It's split straight down the middle.

"Taylor, let me show you something," I say putting the two together.

"See how these are together. Watch what happens when they are alone. They aren't completely alone they are still connected. We are still with each other. Here go get the iPad and I'll show you something," I tell her and she runs off to the room where we slept.

We had all of us sleep in one room. The one bunk bed room with the bottom bunks as double size beds. Jena and Josh slept on the top and Liam had his own. Taylor and I slept on the bottom bunk under Josh.

"Here it is," she hands me my iPad.

"Here watch this video Ally sent me," I say playing the temporary home video.

"Wait Jen play it again," Liam says entering room.

"Wait for me!" Josh shouts.

"And me!" Jena says running in. We all crowd around the iPad.

"Little boy, six years old. A little too used to bein' alone," Taylor starts. Once the video finishes I start explaining. Josh, Liam and Jena sit and listen.

"Taylor, you're at your temporary home, I know you'll be home very soon. Please hold on and wait for me. You'll be home and with me soon. You'll be in Kentucky soon," I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"Taylor, you will be back soon, you'll be in preschool with Cody, you'll be able to come to my house after school. You'll be able to finally seen Dylan, you'll be home," Josh says in his wise voice.

"Taylor, that necklace has two halves of a heart because you and your mommy are connect with a heart. You hurt when she does and she hurts when you do, when they stop pulling on each other and are connected then they are one giant happy heart," Josh says.

"Josh is right," Liam agrees.

"Yeah, Josh is right. At one point this will stop and it will be different than before but life with be whole when you're back together," Jena says.

"Thanks guys," I tell them while Taylor takes everything in.

"When did Taylor sing that?" Josh asks.

"In Australia with Ally," I answer, I almost said Taylor.

"Oh," Jena says.

"Well let's eat guys," Josh says getting up. Liam and Jena follow. I pick up Taylor and follow behind.

"Yeah, Taylor are you hungry?" I ask her. She nods. I pick her up and take a seat at the table.

••••
We are watching the critic choice award nominations. We've all had our beers and split the last one.

Now we all have red solo cups of sparkling cider. I'm now regretting buying 12 bottles of that stuff. We have 3 more left. Taylor fell asleep on the couch.

"For best actress in an action movie,
Emily Blunt for Sicario
Rebecca Ferguson for Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Bryce Dallas Howard for Jurassic World
Jennifer Lawrence for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
Charlize Theron for Mad Max: Fury Road," the guy says. We all cheer for our movie, they all congratulate me.

"For BEST COMEDY
The Big Short, Inside Out, Joy, Sisters, Spy, and Trainwreck" the guys says. I wait for the phone to ring, Amy's calling me.
I get nominated for Best Actress and best actress in a comedy. Plus two more calls for Amy sarcastically trash talking me. I replied with more trash talk. We decided that we need to find a time to coordinate clothing. Probably won't happen though.

••••
Taylor's POV
We had just finished packing out stuff and was straighten up stuff before we leave here around 12. Mommy's phone starts ringing and I jump up  and answer it without looking at the phone.

"Hello?" A male voice answers.

"Hi, I'm Taylor," I say.

"Hi, Taylor it's Austin, can I speak to Jennifer?" He asks, I would prefer to hang up.

"Fine," I say, then yell without removing the phone from my ear, "Mommy!! Austin needs to speak to you."

"Coming," she says bouncing down the steps.

"Here ya go," I say reaching the phone out for her.

"Thanks, you can change in to your snow gear, if you can and Jena's gonna talk you sledding out back," Mommy says before talking in to the phone. I hurry upstairs, where Jena is. I end up not being able to get my gloves on one handed, so she helps me.

Jen's POV
"Hello? Austin? This is Jen," I say.

"Oh good, I have some news, it's good news...." He begins.

A/n
Bam!!! I've got a surprise for y'll!!!!
Thanks to Kaitlyyyyyyyn for the idea of CCA.
CQ:
Guess what Austin's new for Jen is?