A Plan Against The Man

Laura gently pokes Carmilla's shoulder. "Psst. Psst, Carm. Pssssst."

Carmilla groans and nuzzles her face further into Laura's shoulder.

"Carmilla Karnstein, I'm simply suggesting we move this to your bed, so that you can drool on your pillowcase and not slobber all over my shirt," Laura giggles.

"No," Carmilla grumps. "Shoulder comfy."

"Bed more comfy," Laura replies, kissing the top of her head.

Carmilla snickers and yawns. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Uhh, since about an hour into the movie," Laura replies.

Carmilla pulls away, her eyes wide. "Oh, god, we were watching a movie," she realizes.

Laura laughs. "Yes, but it's fine. Good ol' Bonnie and Clyde kept me company while you snored away."

Carmilla pouts. "I'm so sorry, I––"

"Carm, it's fine," Laura says sweetly, giving her a small peck on the cheek. Carmilla's frown remains.

Her phone rings and she glances at the screen, hesitating for a couple seconds before answering the call.

"Hey, Danny," Laura greets. "No, you didn't wake me up. What's up?"

Carmilla's scowl deepens.

"Uhm, no, no plans... ...Wow, that sounds great! I'll come. Hopefully it'll go better than the last time I went to one." Laura laughs. "See you then!" She hangs up and looks over at Carmilla.

"What'd she want?" she asks, snark dripping off every word.

"She... invited me to a Halloween party," Laura says, blinking at her phone screen.

"Oh, that's swell."

Laura looks up at Carmilla and smiles. "You're invited, too. She invited us."

Carmilla drops the sarcasm and stares at Laura for a few seconds.

"Oops, that sounded presumptuous," Laura says, a small pout forming. "Sorry. Do you even want to go with me?"

Carmilla leans forward and gives her a small kiss. "Don't be stupid, Hollis. I'd love to go with you."

"Cool!" Laura squeaks. "Coz I've already got a couples costume in mind."

Carmilla quirks an eyebrow and Laura gestures at the main DVD menu on the screen before them. Carmilla's eyes widen.

"No."

Laura's grin grows.

"No."

~*~

"I knew you could pull off Clyde's jacket," Laura giggles.

Carmilla huffs. "I cannot believe we're Bonnie and Clyde."

"Oh, pfft. Come on, my dad cracked up when he saw us tonight." Laura fluffs her hat and checks her long sleeves.

Carmilla stops short about a block from the party.

Laura frowns when she realizes this and turns to face her. "What?"

"I-I never... got a chance to thank you," Carmilla mumbles.

Laura cocks her head to the side. "For what?"

"After our date in the field... for everything." Carmilla's staring at a spot on the ground and Laura gently tilts her face up by the chin.

"Carm?" Laura tries softly.