Preface

❝If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.❞ —Toni Morrison

Literature has lacked diverse characters in aspects of (but aren't limited to) race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disabilities, illnesses, disorders, sexuality, gender, and body types. Having a diverse character isn't about "differentiating," it's about representation, identifying with the characters, expanding our views and understanding of minorities. It has gotten to a point where you just assume a character is Caucasian, something we're all guilty of doing. There's nothing wrong with Caucasian heterosexual cis characters, that's not the message I'm trying to convey.

At a young age, I never felt that I was represented in literature, TV shows, movies, etc. and was ashamed of who I was, what I looked like, and my race. There were some, but they were mainly stereotypical side characters. Stereotypes have constricted what people think of me to a single thing, not expecting me to act another way, but people and characters don't act one specific way.

Throughout the years, more minorities have been featured. But minorities still are stereotyped and don't have the same opportunities as others. Opportunities for minorities will get better, not by hoping for it, but by speaking out, showing support, and more. Change starts somewhere, and it starts with you and I.

Millennium features LGBT characters/themes, along with profanity and mature topics, but doesn't feature inappropriate scenes. Reader's discretion is advised. There are point of view/scene changes that are represented by *** and the point of view is stated and the date as some scenes are in different times. Millennium's world has some similarities to our world, but some events, settings, and facts are morphed.

This book will be updated every Friday (if I don't get writer's block) and maybe Wednesday. Criticism is always appreciated and will in the long run, help me as a writer. This story has yet to be complete as there are always extra little facts and ways I can tie this story to historical events that pop up in my mind. There may be slight continuity mistakes because of this, point them out please.