Chapter 1

Gracie's POV

"Wake up kid." I hear a voice sharp as a knife tell me while shaking life into my body. It's Bucky.
"What is it?" I ask yawning and sitting up in my bed.
"It's time." Bucky says with a little bit of a sadness in his voice. I get why. His best friend, also known as my father, has gone missing. He walks towards the door and leaves me sitting in my bed. It has been almost 8 months since my parents went missing. Not only my parents, but the other avengers too.
To make it all clear: my parents are Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. But they are more known as Captain America and Black Widow. Both of them and the rest of the avengers team are missing. No one knows were they are.
I get myself out of my bed and notice that my brother isn't in the bed next to mine. "Weird." I say for myself. I put on a blue patterned tanktop, a pair of skinny jeans, some makeup and a ring formed as my fathers shield. "It is a magical piece of jewelry" That's what my mother said when she gave it to me. It appeared to me that if I touch the little shield with two fingers, it turns into a big and real shield to protect me. I look at it for a while and then I walk to the door and go outside. When I'm outside I see some kind of hoovercraft standing on the ground with a pilot inside with a faceexpression that tells me that he wants to leave in an instance of a second. I walk towards it and see Bucky standing by the entrance to the hoovercraft waiting for me to get in so that we can leave. Without a word, I keep on walking and suddenly I'm inside. It's incredible how it can look small on the outside, but is giant on the inside. I keep on studying it turning around, looking up and down.
"Gracie!" Someone enthusiastic to see me says. I turn around and see Eric Banners. He is really cute. I think for myself and then he comes walking towards me and he gives me a big hug. I get chills of happiness in my whole body and do nothing else but responding to his hug.
"Hi Eric" I say. Our hug ends and I let go of him. "Nice to see you." I say with a little smile on my face. He smiles back at me even bigger. We look at each other for a few seconds before my brother interrupts.
"Are you ready?" He asks.
"You know me Adam" I respond with a squirky little smile. "I am always ready."
I sit down in the seat next to Eric and then I feel the hoovercraft lifting up, up into the air. I get a little nervous so I lean back and tilt my head up to make it easier. Then I feel Eric taking my hand and I look into his eyes. "It's okay" he says. "Everything is going to be okay." We keep on looking at each other for a while until we hear the pilot saying: "Next position, New Mexico. Next, New Mexico." I get why. We are going to pick up Thorunn and her mother Jane.
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
Word count: 559
Hope you enjoyed this first chapter and I will see you in a few days with a new chapter from someone else😉