Chapter 1. Music camp.

Sophie's POV.

"Sophie, baby! Do you have everything with you?" Mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes, I do, mom. But can you help me down with the suitcase? It weighs a goddamn ton." I shouted back, struggling to move the extremely heavy suitcase.

"Language, Sophie! And I'll get Dad, wait a minute." Mom replied, her voice harsh.

I rolled my eyes. I'm 17, can't I swear a bit if I want to? It adds emotion. And it isn't like I said something mean to anyone. Except for the suitcase, but it doesn't count. Only after I heard Dad's footsteps in the staircase, did I realize that my heart was beating really fast. Why was I so nervous? Well, it's the first time I'm staying away from home for a week. Not a five-day work week, but a full seven-day week. It wasn't a big deal. It shouldn't be a big deal. It was going to be fun. Music camp, it sounded fun enough. Maybe it was the fact that Miriam, Alex and I was driving there by ourselves. In Alex's car. Stupid 19-year old. I wasn't going to get a car until my 18th birthday, which was in another 4 months. Dad cleared his throat, disrupting my thoughts.

"You ordered someone to carry your luggage?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes, Dad. Very funny. Just carry the suitcase down the stairs. I can take it from there." I said and giggled a bit.

As I walked out of my room, I stopped to kiss him on the cheek. No matter how annoying he is, I love him. He's my dad, after all. I hopped down the stairs, waking up my cat in the process. He meowed and walked over to me. He rubbed himself against my legs. I laughed and bent down to pet him.

"Hello, my little cutie baby. How is it with my little Chintendo today?" I said in a silly, baby voice.

Yes, his name is Chintendo. We named him that after we found him abandoned in a Chintendo Vii-box. I hate the people that left him there, they didn't even put him in a genuine Wii-box. Chintendo was a cute little thing, too. His jet black fur glistened in the sunlight and his greenish-yellow eyes had a mysterious depth in them. And he's just two years old, according to our vet. That means he was barely one when he was abandoned. Stupid people that abandon animals. I shook off those thoughts and continued to cuddle with him. He purred.

"Move, Sophie! You're in the way!" Dad shouted from atop the stairs.

I picked up Chintendo and walked over to the kitchen, where Mom was wiping the benches. She did that when she was nervous. Her short, brownish-red hair was stuck to her forehead and her ice blue eyes were the personification of nervousness.

"Mom, stop being nervous. I'll call every day and fill you in. Besides, Miriam will be with me. Alex too." I said and put Chintendo down.

"I'm... I'm not nervous." Mom said shakily.

"Your body language and your eyes tell a different story, Mom."

She narrowed her eyes playfully, then she sighed.

"I'm just a chicken-mom. I know you'll be just fine. Call it mother's intuition, but I have a bad feeling about this." Mom said, not joking one bit.

"Mom... Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm more worried about you. What it you fall when you and Dad go hiking?" I said, smoothly changing the subject.

"I won't!" Mom said, giggling a bit.

"If you say so..."

Mom was just about to say something, when Dad came into the kitchen.

"Your luggage has been carried, my lady." He said and bowed a little.

I playfully punched him and I went to put on my shoes. Just I was about to put on my hoodie, I heard someone honk in front of the house. Alex. I quickly put on my hoodie, kissed Mom and Dad goodbye, grabbed my suitcase and walked out the door. Sure enough, there was Alex and Miriam in his red Volvo V60. I walked over to the trunk and stuffed my suitcase in there, then I hopped in the backseat. Miriam was already on the other side of the backseat. She smiled at me.