♛ Tainted Lips, Ethereal Kisses [Draco Malfoy] ♛

Chapter O N E - Guess Not

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sight of Malfoy Manor grew closer, my heartbeat started to beat eratically. Would they welcome me with open arms? Would I adapt to their lifestyle? Has Draco changed at all since I last saw him?

I sucked in a massive breath, wishing I had a calming potion with me. I wiped my sweaty palms on the sides of my summer dress and smoothed - tried to smooth - my messy tangle of honey blond locks. It was times like these that I wished I'd brought a hairbrush (I did, but it was locked far,far,far away at the back of the carriage).

Tempted to bite my nails, I chose to instead brood on my last few months of 'marriagehood'. The unity between the Malfoy's and the Avery's (my family) was a secret affair that no other pureblood family knew about. The whole arrangement was small, but incredibly grand. Draco wasn't compliant at all, mind you, but we managed to get to the altar and do our thing. I guess he disliked me (scratch that, he fucking hated me and to add to it, he already had a perfectly perfect girlfriend).

We didn't have a honeymoon. After the marriage ceremony, I was sent back to France to finish the final semester of education I had to complete at Beauxbatons before coming to England to live with the Malfoy's. So technically, we had no contact at all. After this break was over, I was to complete the seventh and last year of education at Hogwarts with Draco. After that, we would settle for lovely married life (insert snort).

The carriage halted and because of stupid inertia, I was flung forwards. I hit my head on the opposite side of the seats and quickly bolted up, rubbing my sore forehead.

"OW," I mouthed to myself in silent pain.

"Ma'am," The coach poked his head around, peering owlishly through the window. "We're here."

My blood ran cold again. I looked outside and sure enough, I could see the figures of my in-laws standing at the gates of the marvelous (yet forbidding looking) manor. I peeked again - no sign of another platinum blond haired figure in sight.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. But also a tad relieved.

I gave my forehead a last rub and quickly hopped off the carriage, chanelling my inner lady to come out of hiding from the rock she'd been living under for the last seventeen years. She didn't come.

I stumbled over some sort of weed on the ground and mentally cursed my head off at the embarrassment. I glanced up - Lucius looked impatient, Narcissa amused. The coach and two butlers that Apparated out of nowhere started bringing in my luggage.

I walked forwards to the in-laws and put on a charming smile.

"You've grown lovelier," Narcissa crooned, embracing me lightly.

"Thank you," I beamed.

"Did you ride well?" Lucius commented, nodding his head at the carriage.

"Yes I did, thank you."

Blundering silence. Oh, how I love that word.

"Where's Draco?" Lucius snapped. He turned his very blond head and glared over his shoulder.

"He's coming dear," Narcissa said calmly.

"Draco!" She hollered for emphasis.

Another blundering silence. Yes, I do love that word. Blunder, blundering, blunder, blundering, blunder, blundering -

The front doors swung open spectacularly. The sun chose that moment to emitt it's stunning rays. And guess who stepped out like those models on Muggle tellovision (telivision? teluvision? television?) ads?

Yup yup. Draco I-Hate-Audree-Avery Malfoy.

I was sincerely hoping his attitude toward me had changed since we last saw each other.

He took one glance at me, narrowed his storm gray eyes and glared.

Guess not.

_______________________________________________________________________________

First chappie >w<

Watcha think? :D

<3