Too Close To Home

I pick up my phone and kick off my heels running to grab my father's keys without permission. I'd explain later but this was an emergency. On my way to Scott's house I tried to come up with logical explanations as to why Scott hadn't shown up. I told myself he probably forgot something at home and his mom made him stay home but that sounded like the most horrible lie to my ears.

I didn't know why I was going to his house. I knew his mom wasn't going to be able to tell me where he was. He hadn't gone back home. I just had this terrible feeling that something awful happened. Stiles kept blowing up my phone with text messages asking me what was wrong and I didn't have the heart to reply to him.

I thunder out of the car running up to Scott's door knocking on it so hard my knuckles turned red. I had stowed away my locket in my car so that it wouldn't show while I wore the dress and right now in my nervousness I held it in my hands opening and closing it. Just like I did with the note at night. The clicks of the locket seemed to be the only comfort I had.

Scott's mom opens the door with a confused look on her face.

"Allison, aren't you supposed to be with Scott?"

"Hi Ms. McCall... Actually I don't mean to worry you but he never showed up. I was hoping you'd know something.."

"Oh well he said he was going to Stile's first I bet he just got caught up there."

I know she's wrong but I don't want her to worry. I agree with her but ask to look for something in Scott's room. She lets me in and leaves me a spare key saying that I'll have to lock the front door since she had to leave for her night shift. She told me I was welcome to keep the key which meant a lot that she trusted me with it.

Once she walked out the door I ran to Scott's room just hoping that I'd see him sleeping on his bed or just safe even if he meant he had ditched me. I just wanted him to be safe.

I hold my breath as I turn the nob on his door and I choke up when I see that it isn't Scott inside his room. It's someone else. Someone who scared me more than anything. I back away and let out a blood curdling scream and suddenly everything went black.

~~~~~

I smell a sweet sickly smell and I open my eyes to see my Grandfather's face looking down at me.

"So happy to see your Grandpa you had to pass out? Why Allison there are easier ways to express happiness. Although I usually found happiness best expressed in the splitting apart of werewolves as they howled in pain." Gerard chuckled at my shocked face.

"If you hurt Scott I swear I'll-"

"My dear sweet Allison... Hear me out before you threaten your blood."