One ~ Why Me?

We quickly found out we didn't have neighbors. Close ones, at the least. About a mile down the road, there was a quaint little ranch house with five inhabitants. The parents-- Amber and Brad, and their kids-- Emily, Colton, and Drew. I knew something was up when I noticed their names were alphabetized. WHO DOES THAT?! And Amber was always scarily happy. Don't even get me started on the kids. Emily is twelve, and her chin-length brown hair is always shined to perfection and pinned back neatly with a sparkly butterfly pin. Colton's eight, and he's a damn genius. The kid quizzed me on my knowledge of the kinds of trees here, and I stood there dumbfounded. I don't care about what kind off trees are surrounding me! Sure, they're pretty and all but DAMN!

Don't even GET me started on their oldest son of seventeen, Drew. I'd totally think he was adopted if he didn't resemble his father to a "T". His dark hair and green eyes contrasted with his ivory skin. He was skinny and very lanky, but boyish and cute. Not creepy like his siblings. (((A/N: NO HE IS NOT A MYTHICAL CREATURE, STOP YOUR PREMINITIONS NOW. Kthanxbai.))) He was super quiet, and barely made eye contact with any of us the entire time. We were quite the awkward family compared to their picture-perfect setting. My dad, being short and scrawny, my mom, tall and thin. Everly's bright fuchsia locks and her pale skin, paired with short but functional legs, and erm-- FULL-- chest. Toby looked like a Cabbage Patch Kid, bald head and all. His hair was too blond to see, and his icy eyes were like something out of a cartoon. He radiated innocence and mischief.

Then there was me. My uncooperative wavy locks knotted into a ponytail and crap-brown eyes stared aimlessly at the scene in front of me. I toyed with a stray piece of fabric hanging off my hoodie and watched with awe as Amber flitted about the room, chirping happily about how it was "so awesomely fabulous that we have neighbors!"

I wanted to puke.

Seriously, the scene sickened me.

Mom looked as though she was going to have an anxiety attack, Everly was holding back giggles because of the whole "we are ONE with nature!" speech Amber was giving, and dad looked like he had to poop.

Wait-- Toby. Where the hell...?

I took off out of the living room in the posh little house, skittering past the bathroom and the stairs when I spotted his pudgy little legs scurrying down the front steps through the window. Shit.

"Toby!" I called frantically, stumbling out the door after him, "Get back here, you sonofabitch!"

Damn, this little fucker got around fast. Through the white picket fence he went, and into the forest. What. No! I was SO not going in there! I waited for a minute, calling out that it wasn't funny and that he needed to get back here. But I got no response.

Seconds later, I heard his trademark screech from deep within the forest. He was in trouble. Or hurt.

Shit! What if he was being kidnapped by the fucking ice cream man? Oh, Lord Jesus! This is all my fault!

So, very unlike me, I ventured into the blackened depths of the forest to seek my fate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

AHOY, FELLOW HOMO SAPIENS!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST TWO a.m.!!!!!!!!!!!! :D WHY AM I AWAKE?  I HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST!!! WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPS? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

Olivia says herro. :3

~xoxo~

Ally.<3