In the Furnace

Chapter Two- In The Furnace

I'm jarred a wake and my head instantly connects with something hard. I wince as more pain joins the party of pain I'm already having in my head. I try to open my eyes, but I can't, something is holding my eyes closed.

I'm blind folded.

I wriggle my arms to see if I can move but they are restrained by something that burns my skin when I move. A realization hits me; my wrists hurt immensely. They must have been tied for a while.

How long has it been? How long has he had me?

He was dumb enough not to gag me. I wonder why?

I search blindly around the car with my bare feet until I find what feels like wires.

The taillight.

I pull my legs up to my chest and kick blindly with all my strength. I kick again and again. Until I hear one final crack and the light falls out.

I feel the car slam to a stop, the gears shift and the car door slams. I feel sweat trickle off my palms. It's hot in here. Then again its always hot in Nevada.

I hold my breath anticipating his reaction. The trunk flies open and a hand connects with my cheek. Hot flashes of pain spread through my face joining the pain party in my head.

"You, stupid brat." He says matter of factly "now, I'm going to have to buy a new taillight." I imagine him shaking his head "You're lucky I love you." He says slamming the trunk before I have a chance to even comprehend what he just said.

Door slams, gears shift, car jolts.

You're lucky I love you? What the heck does that mean? If he loves me, why doesn't he go on a freaking date with me!

I feel my blood boil like I'm in a furnace. Only I am in a furnace, a carpeted one. I feel the carpet rub against the scratch on my cheek I got when I was T-bagged down onto the pavement. I let out a sigh.

Every part of me aches. I feel my eyes burn and I hear a tear splash on the carpet. I just want to go home. What will my parents think when they find out I am missing?

I feel my throat tighten and I let out the smallest of sobs. I hope my attacker can't hear me; he will probably taunt me about it later.

After a long while of bouncing up and down and sweating profusely I feel the car pull to a sudden stop. I can hear his voice through the back seat.

"I'm going inside. I'll be back before you know it, so don't do anything stupid."

The door slams and I listen to his footsteps until they fade away out of ears reach. I wait for about fifteen seconds and then I start screaming. I slam my feet into the side of the trunk over and over. I can feel the car jostle where its parked.

Someone has to notice.

I scream until my voice is raw and my feet hurt. I slam my foot into the trunk and it slips smacking the lip of the taillight. I feel pain and a trickle of blood. I must have reopened a cut on my foot. I'll just add you to the list, and you can go and join the party. It's not till then that I notice just how much my feet hurt almost swollen. I probably won't be able to walk later.

I let out one last scream but cut if off short when I hear a string of curses. The door slams and the car starts. I can hear the gas flood through the tank and then the car jolts forward with unbelievable power. I roll and smack my head at the front of the trunk. I am now completely turned around. I can hear him yelling again, but I drown it out. Almost an hour later we pull to stop.