Chapter 14

*Aoi's POV*

I heard footsteps approaching at a running pace. Rachel appeared and stopped when she saw us. "Your already here!?" She asked and I sighed. "Your the one who told us to be here..." She stops in front of us with a little distance ahead.

"Correction! I sent that letter to you and you alone. Though, I thought you would bring your vigilant friends." She said and suddenly, I felt more people surrounding the harbour. Some samurai had surrounded us. "Just to keep your friends busy while your with me." She said and took out a sword and I readied my weapon. We dash towards each other and our blades collide.

"Was all of this really just a lie? Just to kill me?" I ask with little hope. She narrowed her eyes and stayed quiet. "Just getting close to me, just to stab me in the back."
"Tch!" She pushed her blade against mine and we both jump back. I rushed back to her and before I hit her she reflects my attack. She kicked at my feet and I jump up. Once I land, she attacks again and we go all out on each other.

Meanwhile, I could hear metal clashing all around us and pained cries. Thankfully, I don't recognize any of the voices. I focused back into Rachel who had a straight face.

I can't believe I'm fighting her right now... Just a couple days ago I never thought this sort of thing would happen. Fighting the one I love the most. Fighting the one I trusted.

Suddenly I see the samurai running away and the guys followed him. Rachel glanced behind her and I glanced behind me for a quick second. There were many bodies scattered all over the ground. Not a single guy I knew or recognized.

I clashed my weapon against hers and after a couple more blows, her blade had shattered. In a panic she reached into her pocket and pulled out the gun she had before. She pointed it at me and I sighed dropping my weapon. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Wait... That's it? Your just giving up?" She asked and I nod. "You put up a good fight." I say back. "O-okay then..." She said and held the gun back up, aiming at me. "Rachel, before you shoot... I want to know something."
"Hit me."
"Were you in any way involved with the shootings that have been going around?"

She sighed. "Your a dead man anyways, so it won't hurt to tell you... The truth is that I didn't lay a hand on any guns or weapons when the murders had started."
"Was it Satake that did all of the murders?"
"It was infact."
"What about that foreigner you work for?"
"He gave the gun to Satake and told him what to do."
"I see..."

She could have lied about it but... There is no hesitation at all. I knew that those answers were all true.

"Is that it?" She asked and I nod. She pointed the gun directly at me. No one was around to help. I was completely hopeless.

She put her hand on the trigger...

And pulled it back.

~ To Be Continued ~