Chapter 13

*Aoi's POV*

We all walk into Kyokatei to find Soji already inside with kin. "Oh good, your all here now. Let's begin, shall we?" Kinshiro says and we sit down. Kin goes over what had happened yesterday and Hotaka looked over at me worried.

I ignore him and continued listening to Kin.

"You will all go down to the harbour tonight. Aoi, you will be the one to kill Rachel." I was taken aback by Kins remark. "Wait a minute! Kin, I don't think Aoi should be the one to do it!" Hotaka says and Kin looks surprised. However, he returns to a serious face.

"If this girl is trying to kill him, it's best for them to go one on one." Kinshiro says and they all hesitantly nod. We all left and as I was walking ahead Hotaka pulls me back.

"Are you sure you can kill Rachel?" He asked and I glare. "Hotaka, I need to do this! I can't do what's right for ME! I have to do what's right for everyone!"
"Aoi..."
"Now then... I'm hungry. I'm going out for lunch."
"Ooh can I come!?"
"... No."
"What!? Why not!?"
"I don't want you ruining my meal."
"I won't!"

I huff and continued walking but I was pulled back again. This time it was Sion who pulled me back. "Come on! We can have lunch together! Don't be a lunch pooper!"
"Ugh... Why don't you go eat at together and I can grab a fast meal alone."

Wakasa, Natsume, and Soji all walk up to me and smile. "Let's all have lunch together, Aoi." Soji says and I sigh. "Fine..." Hotaka sighed. "How come you give in when Soji says anything...?" I ignore him and we went out for lunch.

After that I went home and fell onto the bed.

I'm the one to kill Rachel, huh...? I thought to myself and clutch my fists tightly. I shook my head and closed my eyes. Memories of Rachel went through my head.

The day we met and I did her hair. The day she called out to me. The day she came to my house to see if I wanted to go out for food. The day I saw her looking at a flower. All these days that my love for her had gotten stronger and stronger.

I open my eyes again and sigh.

- later that night -

I left the house and everyone was waiting outside with pitiful expressions. "Don't look at me like that. Let's go." I say and we all walk to the harbour. When we got there, there was no one in sight.

"Do you think this is a trap?" Natsume asked and I look back at him. "We just need to keep our guard up." I said and we all waited.

Where is she...?

~ To Be Continued ~