Fuck.

Tori, on the other hand, was starting to panic. She had suddenly noticed how close they were and how perfectly their bodies melded together. Jade was somehow both hard and soft at the same time, and Tori wanted to keen at the sensation. They seemed to mimic each other's movements, a strange dance that she was too scared to end. Jade's breasts were pressed against hers and she gasped quietly, feeling the raven-haired beauty's cool breath wash over her face.

Tori wanted to scream.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jade murmured, her voice low and husky. She had tried to make it sound threatening, but her body betrayed her, unable to raise her voice in a situation like this. Not when Tori's sweet scent was washing over her in waves. Not when she noticed that Tori's eyes weren't the single shade of brown that she had thought previously. No, they were actually a kaleidoscopic ring of dark colors, each more intriguing than the last. She had no idea what was happening but couldn't bring herself to care. Something primal was fueling her movements now and she was just hanging on for the ride.

Heat pooled in Tori's lower abdomen as their eyes greedily absorbed each other. She couldn't have looked away even if she tried.

"I-I," the brunette stammered. The heat and intensity of the situation was suffocating, and Tori needed to breathe. She had to breathe. She wrenched herself away from Jade with such force that she almost stumbled. It took everything in her to step away from the goth's inviting warmth.

The minute Tori moved, something deep inside of Jade snapped in rage. Her hand shot out and gripped the brunette's arm tightly of its own accord.

How dare she walk away from me?

Jade's fingers squeezed Tori's bicep in an iron grip. She knew she was leaving a mark but didn't give a fuck. "Where do you think you're going?"

Tori's eyes flashed in anger and looked pointedly at her arm that Jade was going to bruise if she wasn't careful. "Getting away from you."

"I don't think so," Jade hissed. "You think you can just pin me up against a locker and get away with it?"

The brunette just stared at her, nostrils flaring. She was aware of other student's eyes on them, watching like they were on some goddamn reality TV show or something.

"What are you going to do, huh?" Tori murmured. Despite herself, she was curious about the confliction that she could see happening on Jade's face. She knew she was baiting the goth, possibly being a little unfair, but she couldn't help it. This felt like a fucked-up form of retribution for the years of torture she had had to endure from her.

Jade couldn't believe the way Tori was speaking to her, like they were standing on equal footing. Like she hadn't spent most of their high school years trying to push her away, to trod on her until she was nothing but the size of an ant. The shock extinguished her anger and she hesitantly uncurled her fingers that were still gripping Tori's arm, letting her go and dropping back down by her side. There was a large red print of where her hand was that caused both guilt and a powerful wave of satisfaction.

These conflicting emotions were going to be the death of her.

"I'm sorry, Jade," Tori finally said. "I shouldn't have pushed you."

The raven-haired beauty cleared her throat and straightened up, rearranging her face into the mask that comforted her the most. Tori had seen enough vulnerability from her for a lifetime.

It would never happen again, she promised herself violently. Never, ever, ever.

Jade merely nodded her head stiffly and they started walking again, in silence. People were whispering about them but that was nothing new for Jade. She barely noticed, too busy trying to desperately fling up every wall possible in an attempt to mentally protect herself. What she needed was to get the hell away from there, but her body was still determined to ignore her.