Chapter 6i^4

Yanni was working.

Good.

Ourania looked around the house. It was filled with stuff. So much stuff. What did humans need all that stuff for? She carried a plastic bin in her hand. It was blue.

She picked up a photo of the couple in a frame. Thalia was wearing too much makeup, and Yanni was standing proud in a suit. His outfit was black and her dress was white. There were lots of flowers around.

Useless, Ourania thought to herself and threw it in the bin.

Oh, another pacifier behind the furniture. That makes twelve now. It's as if infants knew precisely where to throw one so as to maximize its hiding potential.

Straight in the bin.

She walked to the kid's room. There were framed paintings on the wall. Ourania inspected the art and found it lacking. It followed none of the major schools and had too much whitespace. Not to mention the perspective was all wrong. She threw four of them in the bin. The last one she decided to leave there. It showed promise. The rest was spam.

A football. Smaller than FIFA regulations. She picked it up in one hand, even though hers was quite petite. It was well worn. Did Yanni play football with Georgie? She attributed a 'sentimental value' tag on the ball and placed it back.

She walked to the couple's bedroom. A hair curler, AC powered. Yanni had no curls. His hair was short and scruffy. Useless. In the bin.

She looked at Thalia's dresser. Lots of containers with urine colored liquid. Olfactory experiences were important and could stimulate memory. Useful. She opened a box with a ribbon on it. The ribbon wasn't actually holding the box together. Useless. In the bin.

She pulled up a chair and rummaged through the upper closet. She found a white suitcase, small in size. It contained Georgie's christening clothes, neatly folded inside, along with a blanket. They were too small for the child now, and his baby sister was female. They could not be reused for her christening. Useless. In the bin.

She went in the bathroom. She squeezed a loofah in her hand. Sub-par scrubbing potential, the sponge was more efficient. Useless. In the bin.

She looked in the mirror. Yanni had kept three used razors, as if they would sharpen themselves again at some point in the future. Increased oxidation. Useless. In the bin.

She picked up some containers that were placed all around the bathroom like ornaments. Shampoo. Shampoo. Conditioner. Shampoo. Shampoo. Shampoo. She made a rough estimate on Yanni's consumption and left one where it was. The rest was useless. In the bin.

She walked downstairs and went outside to empty the blue bin in the garbage.

She saw Miss Meropi walking like a bag of bones towards her, holding a tupper in her ageing hands. Sub-par nutrient potential. 70% indigestion possibility that would interfere with gnosis.

"You really love that blue dress, don't ya?" the old woman asked with a smile full of dentures and approached her next to the garbage bin.

Unnecessary distractions, Ourania thought. Useless. In the bin.