3

"Nunnally?" I asked as they approached me.

Nunnally lept out of her wheelchair, "I'm so glad you're alright!" She hugged me. Suzaku stood behind her with his usual poker face. So it wasn't a nightmare.

I nodded as Nunnally wheeled herself in the cottage. It was the first time Nunnally and Suzaku had visited in a year.

"Has your wound healed?" She asked in concern, her light violet orbs looking at me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Someone rescued me but I don't know who." I stated, not adding the part where I heard Lelouch's voice.

She replied, "I'm terribly sorry I couldn't do anything to stop them. I didn't hear of the incident until this morning. I'm grateful to whoever helped you."

"I'm sure you're hungry after such a long way from the city." I said, placing a plate of cookies in front of Nunnally.

She gave me a smile. "You made these?"

"How are they?"

"They're really good!"

I grinned at her response, it was the first time anyone had said my cooking was good. Normally I would never cook. But I decided to give it a try because I had nothing else better to do anyways.

"You know," Nunnally continued. "When I was blind, I asked Lelouch before what you were to him. I would always think you were both dating."

"That's insane. There's no way we'd fall for each other." Not even close to being true, I knew. I could sense an aura of sadness spreading around the room. I gave her a pat on the back as reassurance. She nodded, most likely knowing what I meant. A year had gone by already, too quickly. Life had gotten much better because of Nunnally's progress with rebuilding the nation. She did extremely well at governing, especially for someone so young. She was much more experienced than I had initially thought. Perhaps it ran in the family. Their level of intelligence was almost too much. 

"Lelouch must be very proud of you."