"Quite sad he's being taken advantage of, yeah?"

Harry shrugged. "Shouldn't be stupid enough to let it happen to himself."

We finished our breakfast and left the flat. The drive to the place he was being held was nearly half an hour away.

It was an empty warehouse, like most places we visit are. The kid was being held in an upstairs room. Once inside, there were ten or so people around that pointed us in the direction of which we needed to be headed. The room he was in was small. Two people stood outside of it, looking through a window that I assumed was made of one-way glass.

"Ben," Harry said, to one of them. They both looked our way. It was two older men; one had short black hair and the other was bald with a grey beard.

"Styles," one said. As the other one greeted Harry, the first, with black hair, turned to me. "Hello, Ms. Caine, I've heard plenty about you. Ben Groff."

"Pleasure to meet you."

The other stepped in front of me as Ben stepped away.

"Tilly Caine, welcome to the agency." he said. His voice was deep. "Tom Marcus."

I smiled and shook his hand. Harry placed a hand on my back.

"Okay, love, I'm going to go in and talk to him." he said. "Stand on this side, I want you just to watch for now. Listen to what I'm saying, pay attention to my tactics and how I act around him. Ben and Tom will point things out as well."

"Okay," I said, nodding. "Good luck."

He nodded. He turned and unlocked the door to the room. He sat in a chair, across the table from one where the kid was sitting. The table was parallel to us, so we were able to see them both at the same time.

The kid looked older than seventeen. He was gaunt, with bags under his eyes and hollowed out cheeks. His skin was unnaturally pale.

"Nate," Harry said. We could hear his voice perfectly well. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Who are you?" Nate said. His voice was hoarse.

Harry ignored him. "Obviously you're into drugs, but there's no way you could've done all that coke in just a few hours. Where'd it go?"

Nate jutted is chin out. "I don't know."

Tom pointed his finger towards them. "He's reading the kid. There's something Harry can tell with body language, tone of voice, or something. Whatever the hell it is, Harry's got it on lock. His certainty will intimidate the kid."

"You and I both know that's not true." Harry said. He shrugged, nonchalantly. His calm manor was terrifying.

"Fuck off." Nate sneered.

Harry's gaze darkened. "An attitude like that won't do you well kid. I've got your life in the palm of my hand right now."

"You don't scare me."

"Really?" Harry said. Then, Harry jumped up and had a gun pulled out against the kid's head. I gasped.

"Not loaded." Ben said.

Nate's eyes were wide.

"Want to fess up yet, kid?" Harry said, quietly.

"I'm telling you, I don't know where they are!"

Harry shrugged. "But you know where they went after you stole them, you little prick. Fess the hell up and you'll walk out alive."

The kid let out a strangled groan. "Meyers! Paul Meyers!"

Harry stepped back and put the gun in his back pocket.

"I want details." he said.

I turned to Ben, who was standing beside me. "He cracked so quickly."

"The longest anyone's ever lasted with Styles is an hour. He's the company's weapon. I mean, look at the way he acted. He's fucking terrifying."

I couldn't argue with him. Harry was sinister, and I had only seen that side of him when the guy followed me home from the grocery store. It was frightening, but it made me even more intrigued.

Harry remained in the room for ten more minutes, and the kid told Harry all the details he knew. He was like putty in Harry's hands.

His face was stern as he walked out. He nodded to Tom and Ben and placed his hand on the small of my back.

"He's given us what we need. No punishment, drive him out and drop him somewhere."

The men nodded. Almost immediately, the two went into the room and grabbed Nate, each one on either arm. They led him out of the small room.

"Hey, where am I going?" he said, kicking his legs in panic as they toted him out.

Harry held his other hand up and they stopped in front of him. "You're living. Say shit about this to anyone, and I promise you you'll regret it. Do not underestimate this company, kid." Harry waved his hand again and they carried him away.

"What's going to happen?" I said. I was confused, and a bit shocked. I had never seen anything like this before.

"They'll take him a few hours north, drop him somewhere in the middle of nowhere with a little bit of money."

"Won't he know where he's been?"

"He was blindfolded being taken into this place and he'll be blindfolded until they get to wherever they drop him. He won't know a thing."

I pursed my lips and nodded.

Harry began to lead me down the hall. "So, did you learn anything?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I learned you're scary as hell."

Harry laughed. "Welcome to the job, baby."

--

ok, sorry it's been a few weeks? the holidays happened, my exams are soon. everything's just been hectic, but i've gotten so many more reads lately! welcome new readers, hope you enjoy! i love your feedback!

by the way, this story is over a year old now. pretty rad !

hopefully will update soon guys :-)

becca xx