Chapter 11: A Chance To Heal You

Dean's POV:

As soon as those words left her lips my breathing stopped for a second. Her father wanted to kill her? She never told me that. She never told me anything about her childhood so I guess I wouldn't have known either way.

"Winnie, what in the hell are you talking about?" Her eyes are puffy, and her make up is streaming down her cheeks. She looks miserable, but beautiful at the same time. Nothing could make me lose these feelings that I have for her.

"My father. He's escaped from prison, and coming to kill me! That was him on the phone!" Just by the way her voice sounds you can tell she's trembling with fear. I would be too. Especially since it's so easy for her father to find her.

"Why would he want to kill you?"

"He's fucking crazy! My whole childhood he beat me and my mom or screamed at us. Mom would usually send me to the tree house before he could come inside. If he found me trying to get out of the house it never ended well. Whenever I would see his car leave I would go back into the house and would always find my mom crying. As soon as she saw me she would stop and be strong just for me," Tears have started to fall from her eyes again.

"Your mom sounds like a wonderful person who would do anything for you,"

"She was," Was? I hope what I'm thinking didn't actually happen. She started to continue when she saw the confused look on my face, "My father shot her when I was twelve. I go to her grave every year on her birthday. I explained to Hunter and Stephanie why I want that day off and they understand. I didn't tell them the whole story though. Only that she died when I was twelve,"

"Winnie, I'm so sorry," My voice comes out as a whisper. No one should ever go through what she went through. My childhood wasn't good but she had it a lot worse than I did.

"Don't be. It's not anyone's fault except my father's. That's why I became a wrestler. To stand up for myself and become stronger than him. At first I was wrestling to keep myself safe, now it's because I fell in love with it. He's the one who completely broke me and I don't think I can be healed, Dean," There's so much sadness in her voice and it's breaking my heart. She's still sitting in my lap laying her head on my chest trembling. I have my arms wrapped around her to try and comfort her.

"You know I have feelings for you and I know you have feelings for me deep down," I make her look at me, "give me a chance, Winnie. A chance to let me care for you. A chance to make you feel like no one could ever hurt you because I won't let them. A chance to heal you," The tears have stopped streaming down her face. I can't tell what's going through her mind since the expression on her face is unreadable. Suddenly a small smile appears on her face and she wraps her arms around my neck leaning into me. My heart starts to race from how close we are becoming. She's the only girl that's ever had this effect on me. Not even a single one of the one nightstand girls meant a thing to me.

Now I regret getting so drunk that I would black out for the whole night just to wake up to a naked bimbo in bed with me. Paige always would tell me if I did anything that could ruin my career since she was always at the bar. I never understood how she would be there drinking and getting drunk but she could still remember everything. I guess she's my babysitter.

"Heal me," Is the last thing Winnie says before connecting our lips. I can taste the salt from her crying. The kiss is calm and passionate. We've been close to kissing before but always got interrupted. Don't get me started on how much I wanted to punch the person in the face when they interrupted us. I knew she had feelings for me. It was just a matter of time before she discovered them.

After what felt like hours she pulled away. We stare at each other while trying to catch our breath.

"So...are we a couple then?" She asks not looking at me. Instead she's fiddling with the tips of her hair.

"Yes, we are officially a couple," Winnie looks up at me and a small smile spreads across her face.

"I bet my makeup looks awful," She gets up making her way to the mirror at the opposite side of the room. "I look like a freaking raccoon!" I start to laugh earning a glare from Winnie.

"You look fine, Win,"

"I do not! I have a match tonight! I can't look like this!" She starts to freak while frantically wiping off the smeared make up.

"Hey! It's alright. We'll just go and have the make up person do your makeup," I simply suggest.

"I already did get my makeup done by Molly though,"

"Molly? Who's Molly?"

"The makeup person. She's really good. You didn't get to see it since I was bawling when you saw me," I sigh and turn her away from the mirror towards me.

"Well, I'm sure she wouldn't mind doing it again," I lead her to the makeup person, Molly. It takes about ten minutes for her to redo Winnie's makeup. The whole time they each take turns laughing and telling stories. I can tell they're gonna end up being great friends.

"I'm barely done in time for my match. I'll see you afterwards?"

"I'll be waiting for you by the curtain," She smiles and we wait for her music to go off.

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me...

Winnie does amazing against Brie Bella. Nikki isn't here so she doesn't have to worry about getting sabotaged out of a win. Winnie delivers a spear picking up the win. I smile widely as I watch her celebrate her victory.

"Why are you so smiley?" Roman is suddenly standing next to me with a cup of coffee.

"Because that's my girl right there,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They're finally a couple lunatics!!! Took them long enough right? What are your thoughts on that? Please leave a comment! Also, don't forget to vote for the chapter. I hope you liked it!