Welcome Back, Toshiro

Karin's POV-

Summer. It is way too cold to be Summer. It only feels 60 degrees, but my phone says 85 degrees. Of course it felt colder to me. I've been cold like this for 8 years, ever since he left. I am 19, and almost done with my first year of university. I still live with Yuzu, Ichigo, and sadly, my dad, Isshin.

I walk into my house and see Yuzu in the kitchen. I know she is probably making dinner, considering it is 6:45, and dinner is always at seven. I headed upstairs without her spotting me. I put my stuff in the corner and collapsed on the bed. I checked my messages and I instantly saw I had a text message. I checked and it was Yuzu.

'Karin, get your butt down here, and pick up your coat!'

I got up lazily and headed downstairs. "Why can't you just put it away, Yuzu?" I asked, but wished I didn't.

"Guess what," she said, "I'm not your house maid. I am your sister and if you don't put that coat up I will smack you with a wooden spoon!" I had only ever heard Yuzu say that one other time, and that was when Ichigo left his shoe in the living room.

"Okay, okay. Don't go crazy," I said. I picked up the coat and walked upstairs to put it away. Suddenly Yuzu screamed at me to get downstairs. I ran, skipping two stairs at a time. "Yuzu, what's wro-" I suddenly stopped running, and talking. I see him. He is there, standing in the kitchen with Ichigo.

I stepped forward, then started running towards him. Toshiro was back. I jumped on him and hugged him for what seemed hours, but then I stopped. I felt my face heat up, but I wasn't the only one.

"Hi," I whispered awkwardly, " How have you been?" I asked, but he didn't answer quick enough. Directly after I asked, in popped Rangiku, Rukia, Renji, and Ikaku. Rukia stood next to Ichigo. I looked around, "What's going on?" I asked, and this time he answered.

"Hollow sightings are becoming bigger," he said,"The head captain sent us here to check it out. We ran into Ichigo and he offered us a place to stay." By the look in his eye it seemed serious.

Yuzu chimed in with, "That is perfect! I made enough dinner for everyone, so lets eat!" Yuzu, Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Ikaku, and Rangiku sat at the table. I sat on the couch, with my laptop on my lap. Toshiro sat diagonal from me. I didn't eat much, I just focused on my last paper due for the school year. I looked over at a smiling Toshiro.

"What? You are smiling creepily, why?" I asked.

"You are literally murdering the keyboard."

"I have a paper due in..." I checked my phone, which said 9:57, "2 hours and.....3 minutes. So of course I am going to murder my keyboard!" I said this and it made him smile, surprisingly. I smiled back. I then reached for television remote. "Wanna watch an American show about dramatic surgeons?"

"umm, okay." he responded, and I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction to my description of Grey's Anatomy.

"Toshiro-" I got cut off by his phone/pager went off.

"Damn, why here, why now," he murmured, "Karin, take Yuzu and get away from here, now!" He was yelling now. Everyone heard him, and stood up.

"How big is the hollow," Questioned all of the soul reapers at once, "Who is it here for?"

He didn't answer, just looked at Ichigo and mouthed something to him. "Karin, Yuzu, run," Ichigo said while staring at Toshiro, "Go!" And that was the last time I saw them for a couple hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! This is my first fanfiction, and I am excited to write it! I love you guys sooooooo freaking much. I am super sorry how short it is. Read it next Thursday at 9:00pm a new chapter shall be posted. BYE!!!