Funny Meeting You Here

"Great job, Hollis," Laura murmurs to herself. "This is totally what I want to be doing on a Sunday night."

She blows a strand of hair out of her face.

"Burying a body, like a regular college student, after being attacked in my own home. Awesome. Just... wonderful."

The body is much bigger than her petite 5'2 frame and she's unceremoniously dragging him through the forest. A part of her wants to feel guilty about the lack of respect she's giving the poor guy, but a larger part of her is thinking he deserves it.

She figures she's far enough into the forest that she can start figuring out a way to hide the body. She brought a shovel in her car, but the amount of dread she feels at the prospect of having to walk all the way back to it while leaving the body unattended is overwhelming.

Laura lets the body slip out of her hands and kicks some dirt aside in annoyance. Her ears perk up when she hears the dirt fall down something–– like a hole. She walks over and sees that there is a hole in the ground, several feet deep.

What?

Deciding not to question it, she returns to the body, grabs it, and drops it into the hole.

"What the creeping hell are you doing?" a voice growls out behind her. Laura's blood runs cold and she slowly turns, looking at a leather-clad girl not much bigger than she is. She's also probably one of the most gorgeous people she's ever met, even while angry.

"Uh..."

The girl crosses her arms and looks her over. "Well?"

"I... uh..." Laura swallows hard. "Well, what's it look like I'm doing?"

"It looks like you're dropping a body into a hole I took the time to dig up for my body," she answers, smirking.

Laura furrows her brows in confusion. "What?"

The other girl sighs and bends down, lifting a body off the ground. The man is about the same height and build as Laura's victim. "That hole was for this oaf, cutie," she says, bringing him over. "And you've just stumbled on by and dropped your own body into it. A bit rude, don't you think?"

"W-Wait," Laura sputters out. "You also killed someone and you're also burying them?"

The girl shrugs. "I guess all the cool kids are doing it."

She peers down into the ground and pauses when she sees the other body. A look flashes across her face quickly before she sighs.

"Well, I guess both of our bodies can fit in there." The second body gets abruptly dropped into the hole. "But you're gonna be the one refilling the hole."

Laura gapes at her as she's handed a shovel.

A few moments pass as the hole starts to fill up. "I'm Laura," she says quietly.

The other girl raises an eyebrow. "Carmilla."

Laura finishes with the hole and hands Carmilla the shovel back.

"So, what's an adorable little cupcake like you doing out on a Sunday night burying a corpse?" Carmilla asks as she walks away from the covered hole.

Laura narrows her eyes at her and follows. "I could ask you the same thing."

Carmilla smirks. "You're spunky."

"Yeah, I'm a badass also capable of murder, apparently, so don't push it," Laura says back lightly, bumping shoulders with Carmilla, who chuckles.