Chapter 4

Y/N POV
I've been stuck in this cage for three days but I've been in worse situations before. I get to talk to Baelfire when he's not busy, I get fed, so it's not the worst thing in the world. But my body is cramped from being in this cage for so long. I can't stretch because if I do I'll hit any side of the cage.

For the past ten minutes I've been trying to find a way to stretch without whacking my arms against the cage and nothing has worked. I was about to kick the cage in an effort to break it when Pan came up to me and opened it. I crawled out and stretched my sore limbs and I could hear them crack. Pan just gave me a disgusted look to which I responded.
"You locked me in a cage for three days, what do you expect? Anyway why'd you let me out?"
"Because we're going to play a game. Come on boys!" He shouted the last part and instantly a bunch of lost boys came out of the forest and slid down from trees.
Pan turned to me and handed me a crossbow.
"And what do you expect me to do with this?"
"Hand it to Felix." He was pointing behind me so I turned around to see a tall boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a scar going across his eye.

I handed him the crossbow and waited. Pan told me to stand in front of a tree and put an apple on my head.
"What now?"
"Well Felix here is going to try and hit the apple."
I than noticed a black liquid substance dripping from the tip of the arrow.
"And what's the dream shade for?"
"Motivation not to miss."
Well gee that's comforting.

Felix shot the arrow but I could see pans fingers move it towards my heart so just as it was about about to hit me I put my hand out and stopped it. Pan clapped and so did everyone else.
"Well I see that you have skills 'Rose'. Now time for another game." This time I had to sword fight and because of how young I was when I learned to handle a sword I easily beat all the lost boys as they charged at me. I looked at Pan and could tell he was mad. Mostly because I also beat Felix who was the best sword fighter out of all the lost boys.

Pan looked around at the exhausted group of boys and than turned to me. He picked up a sword and got in a fighting stance and I did the same. Everyone suddenly perked up at this sight. Pan was supposedly unbeatable, well at least that's what Baelfire told me.

Pan made the first move and I did a backflip to jump out of the way. He brought his sword down but I blocked it with mine. I did the sweeping leg move and he was knocked on his back. I stood above him with my sword to his throat. He used his arm to make me fall off my feet and strattled me with his sword to my neck.

He smirked at me and everyone started clapping for him. He got up and put his hand out to help me. I pushed his hand away and stood up on my own. Pan and the lost boys started walking away but I stayed where I was. I waited until they were gone and took off running. I came to a cliff and stood at the edge.

I stood there looking out at the ocean when I felt a presence behind me.
"What was the point of that?" I turned around to see Pan leaning against a tree with his arms crossed, watching me.
"I wanted to test your skills. And I must say you did better than expected. No ones ever been able to get the drop on me before." I shrugged my shoulders as if to say 'there's a first time for everything'. It was quiet for a while before he spoke again.
"Are you ever going to tell me your real name?" I sighed in defeat knowing he wouldn't leave me alone until I told him.
"Y/N."