ch. 2: Night of the Comet

Stefan had to go clean up the mess Damon had made with the girl in the hospital named Vicki Donovan. I stayed at home, decking out my room with all the possible things I could need. I already had a flat screen and a vanity and everything like that. I just needed some clothes, a few books and movies, some different, unbland sheets and covers, and I was good to go.

I still hadn't seen this Katherine look-a-like, and I didn't think I wanted to anytime soon. I would have much rathered stayed home and kick it with a blood bag and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos, and I was good to go.

I heard someone knocking on the door downstairs. "Zach!" I called from my room. "Get the door!" Zach didn't answer. I sat up, setting the blood bag and the bag of Cheetos to the side. "Damon!"

I knew I sounded too lazy to get up and answer the door myself, which was actually not the case.

I could hear the door slightly opening from downstairs, and could hear a girl's voice from down there, calling Stefan's name.

Then I heard the crow cocking and the girl gasping.

I quickly got downstairs to see what the hell was going on.

Damon was standing in front of a girl with long, straight brunette hair, matching brown eyes, olive toned skin, a leather jacket on with a long-sleeved green shirt and regular jeans with a pair of black converse.

And not just any girl.

She looked like Katherine.

"You must be Elena," Damon said, "I'm Damon, Stefan's brother."

"Damon," I said in a half-way warning tone as I walked down the hall, staying back. Elena couldn't know about vampires. I wasn't going to let her know. Of course, I could always compel her later . .

No. Stefan liked this girl. I'd leave her alone.

Damon turned to me. "Oh, hi, Kaylin." He turned to Elena again. "And this is our little sister."

"Stefan didn't tell me he had a brother," Elena said, then looked to me. "Or a sister." 

"Well, Stefan's not one to brag," Damon said. He started to turn for the overly sized living room, and reached a hand towards Elena. "Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along in a second." 

They walked into the living room, and I slowly followed, staying on the steps. "Wow," Elena said. "This is your living room?"

"Living room, parlor, '70s auction. It's a little guichy for my taste."

"Damon, can we talk?" I asked in a tough voice. 

"Can it wait, Kaylin?" Damon asked. He nodded over to Elena once, smirking, taunting me. "We have company right at the moment."

"Now, Damon."

"I said in a minute." He turned back to Elena. "I see why our brother is so smitten." Elena turned to him. "It's about time. For awhile there, I thought he'd never get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him."

Oh, my God, I thought, looking away in annoyance. He's gonna use Katherine against Stefan, making it seem like it wasn't 145 years ago, but maybe just a weak before we moved back here.

"The last one?" she asked.

"Yeah, Katherine." I scoffed, shaking my head. "His girlfriend." Elena didn't saw anything, and I couldn't see her face, but she shook her head. "Ooohh," Damon said. "You two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet."

"Nope," Elena admitted.

"Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound." I couldn't say anything or stick up for Stefan without giving up too much information to Elena, and Damon knew it. "We all know how those relationships end."