Bruises Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

“Why are you freaking out? She was being stupid and a bitch… She damn deserved it.” As soon as Andy gets the sentence out, Ryder’s last nerve has been cut. I watch helplessly as he punches Andy in the face, causing his head to slam into the wall.

“RYDER! STOP! RY! PLEASE STOP!!” I scream, almost crying as I try to get him to stop and as I do the door opens. It’s Finn, who came with Rachel for moral support. He must have heard the chaos, and came in to see what was going on.

“What the hell is going on? RYDER! Man, quit it! He’s not worth it!” He yells trying to pull Ryder off of Andy but failing. By now I’m full on sobbing and screaming at Ryder and have no clue what to do. As I watch Ryder continue to pound his fist into Andy, I feel Rachel pull me from the office, into the lobby of the law firm.

“Marley, what the hell happened?”

“I don’t know… I don’t know what happened to him… That’s not my Ryder, Rachel…” I sob into her jacket.

“I know Marls, but what happened?”

“Andy kept asking why he had to sign the papers… he was really angry, then I told him to just sign them… and he- he kept demanding to know why and he… he kinda got up in my face and then Ry, he got super angry and start ranting and he- that wasn’t the person I fell in love with in there Rach, I don’t know who that was…” I tell her sobbing again as I slide down the wall I’m leaning against. 

FinnPOV

I finally get Ryder off of Andy and haul him out of the room past Rachel and Marley and into another office.

“What the hell Dude!? What happened to not flying off the handle?” I ask him super concerned.

“I don’t know man, I just- I couldn’t take it anymore… I know Marley can handle herself, but when he got up in her face… I just couldn’t let him get away with saying things like that…”

“What did he say, dude?”

“He said that she was stupid and- and a bitch and that- he said she deserved to be treated how she treated her… God, I just want to- Why didn’t you just let me strangle him?!” He tells me and then starts to ramble again.

“Dude, as uncool as what he said was, you have to be stronger… prove to him that he’s worthless and that everything he says is too…” I tell him. He interrupts me though.

“And I could have proved that to him, if you had let me finish pounding his face in.”

“Ryder, that’s not what I mean man, you have to show him that he has no effect on you. And you know what else you have to do?”

“What?”

“Dude, you have to show Marley that you’re not going to let dumbasses like Andy change you. You know, you went from sweet and supportive to flying off the handle, in like two seconds... Right? I think it might have scared her a little bit.”

RyderPOV

Shit. Shit, Shit, shit. What the hell is wrong with me? I knew this would happen if I acted like this... I knew she would be terrified. She’s never seen me like that, completely out of control.

“Where is she? Is she still in there? I swear to god Finn, if you left her in there I will-“

“Dude, dude, dude, chill! She right outside with Rachel… I want you to calm down and take a few deep breaths before you go out there though, she’s kinda pretty shaken up… you know, maybe doing all these different things at once wasn’t such a good idea… The stress you know? Didn’t you say she didn’t want to eat the other day?”