Bruises Chapter Eleven

Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me a while to update, but I wanted this chapter to have some drama and different perspectives, so there is a little bit of sad drama at the end. So...Enjoy!                                                                                                                                                                  

Chapter 11

MarleyPOV

“Okay, so if you just would sign here, here and here… and Mr. Humphrey if you would sign here, here and here and both of you initial here.” The divorce attorney instructs Andy and I.

We finally got Andy to agree to a divorce, under a few conditions. He wanted to be able to see the kids, which basically killed our restraining order, and he wanted the times he could see them to be without me present. I’m not totally comfortable with this but, I had no other choice.  I hope the courts can make it so that someone has to be there though. So now we’re sitting here, signing the divorce papers, with Ryder and Claudia- I think her name was, sitting next to us. Ryder has been super supportive the last few weeks, knowing how much this has been stressing me out. I look at him nervously, wondering if I really should do this. He just takes my hand and squeezes it, comforting me.

“Okay, once you two sign these, you will officially be divorced.” The attorney said once more. I sign the dotted lines and initial where I was told.

“Okay, so I sign this thing and we’re not married anymore?” Andy asks.

“Yes, once you sign these papers, you marriage will be terminated.” The attorney answers him.

“What does that mean about the custody case though? Is this going to affect their decision at all?” He rudely asks, still refusing to sign the papers. I can see him getting angry… It kind of scares me.

“No sir, this is not going to affect who gains custody of the children. Now, please will you sign where I told you?”

“Why do I have to sign this, if I don’t know for certain whether it will affect the  decision?”

“Andy just sign the damn paper…” I say quietly.

“Why should I?” He demands.

“You should sign that damned paper because she’s done dealing with your shit, and frankly so is everybody else… you should sign it because you don’t give a shit about her or her children,  even if you say you do…you just care about yourself, and what will happen to you if you can’t be around her somehow, even if it’s just to pick up the children you share every other weekend if we even let you near them, because she is an angel and makes you think you can be a better person even though all you’re ever going to be is a worthless piece of shit. You should sign it because if you don’t I’ll personally make sure you do and then make sure you can never sign anything ever again…” Ryder rages, standing up, grabbing Andy who had stood up on the other side of the table to stand over me as he yelled. Ryder then, faster than I can think, has Andy slammed against the wall of the office.

“Dude, what’s your problem?” Andy says, now I know that Andy is trying to get Ryder to hit him… and Ryder is giving in.

“Andy, just shut up… you going to get yourself in trouble.” I tell him, getting a little scared; I’d never seen Ryder this pissed.

“My problem is that you obviously don’t know how to treat the person you’re supposed to be in a relationship with… you don’t treat them like they are worthless…” Ryder says through his teeth.