Fox's Battle

I do not own anything from the Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai!)

'I looked at Ban. Then looked at the man.

Ban's hair rustled in the wind. The man had one hell of a grin.

I studied both of them, who both looked like they were about to engage in a fight.

The similarities were too real.

It was as if.... No....

It was almost like I was looking at a father and a son.'

******************************************

(Arion POV)

"Well, well," The man said. "Looks like Eden's leap got me exactly to where you were."

He grinned. "O future king! Join our side now and there will be no harm done to your friends!"

Robin whimpered.

"Arion," He said. "Seems like that guy is with the werewolf from earlier..."

Ban grinned now. "So...🎶" He said. "I can kill him if he tries something funny again?🎶"

I wanted to say yes. But looking at the man, he seemed too similar to Ban.

"Ban.. Did you have any siblings?" I asked.

His face darkened. He pulled a four sectioned staff out of his bag.

"One." He replied. "A sister."

He lacked his melodic tone, and his voice expressed sadness and hurt.

So the man wasn't his brother. Which only left two options. Either it was his dad, or just a lookalike.

Ban edged forward, holding his weapon, to get a good view of the enemy.

The man stayed where he was.

For him, long distance combat would've been most effective with his whip.

Suddenly, Ban clenched his fist around his weapon hard. He gritted his teeth.

"Ban.. Do you recog-" I started, but Ban cut me off.

"Father." He snarled.

The man had not yet realised who he was facing.

He started to advance slowly, keeping his whip at his side.

After walking five steps he stopped. He studied us, looked at Ban with confusion and then carried on walking.

Ban steadied himself, and put on his normal grinning face.

"A good 20 years it's been!" He shouted over to the man.

The man stopped again. "Do I know you?" He asked.

Ban grinned madly. "I am the Fox's Sin of Greed of the Seven Deadly Sins, B-"

He was cut off by the immense speed of the man's whip, which bore a hole into his chest.

Ban fell to the floor.

I was at a loss for words. The man's whip was faster than the eye could follow.

"O king!" The man said. "I am Leofrick, and I have come to escort you to the castle!"

He smiled, but just as quickly, his smile dropped. He stared in shock.

I followed his eyes, to the corpse of Ban.

Or what was his corpse.

Ban rose slowly off the ground, brushing the dust off his clothes.