four

" why do you always look sad, princess? smile a bit for me today? (: x "

harry smiled softly as he reread the note in his hand before folding it and slipping it into louis' locker.

he felt a hand rest on his shoulder, making him jump. he glared at the boy in front of him before smacking him in the head.

"ow, fuck!" cried zayn. "what was that for?"

"jesus, zayn." he said, still glaring. "i thought you were louis." he sighed.

the raven haired boy suddenly smirked, crossing his arms. "oh yeah, since you don't want him to catch you slipping little love notes into his locker right?"

harry scoffed. "they're not love notes."

"yeah? then what did you just slip into his locker?" he grinned.

harry pressed his lips into a thin line. he couldn't come up with a valid excuse. he simply rolled his eyes and walked passed zayn mumbling a "fuck you, malik." leaving a laughing zayn behind.

×

louis gripped onto the little note, feeling the ends of his lips tugging upwards. he stifled back a giggle at the thought of someone calling him princess. made him feel nice, feel pretty.

he folded it back up and happily walking to his next class.

his mood suddenly changed when he saw that harry was sitting in the seat next to his. he frowned, confused for a moment. he took small steps towards him, feeling scared to confront him after yesterday's incident.

"uhh," he muttered, not knowing what to say. "you don't sit here?" it came out in more of a question.

harry smiled softly up at him. "i do now. miss moved me." he told him.

louis gaped at him. he huffed, his hands clenched around his books before he sat down beside him. he flipped open his journal and started to doodle while he waited for class to start. he let the pencil glide along the paper, not even knowing what he was going to draw yet. there was a bit of hesitation before he started to draw two large eyes. he groaned as he tried to get them the way he imagines, sighing in relief when they come out just right. he rummages through his backpack before he finds the color pencil he was looking for. the emerald color fills up the large eyes, making it appear as if they were staring right at louis.

"watcha drawing?" harry pipes up, trying to peek over louis' shoulder.

the small boy squeaks before shutting his journal quickly. he sends a glare to the other boy and opens his mouth to say something before their teacher walks in.

"alright class, if you could please take out yesterday's homework.."

louis cursed. "saved by the bell, styles.." he muttered.

×

zayn and louis walked through the hallways, talking away at some project they had for class. or at least zayn was. louis just nodded along with whatever he said and gazed down to the floor intently. he was so deep in thought that he didn't even see someone walking directly into him. stan pushed him roughly, causing him to stumble back.
"fucking faggot! look what you're boyfriend did to me!" he screamed. he was pointing to his busted lip and bruised eye.

louis couldn't help but giggle becuase really, stan hadn't even left harry a scratch.

"oh, so you think it's funny?" he said, getting closer to him.