two

{ happy late birthday to my smol baby hedgehog aka lou lou }

louis

it was the last period of the class. maths had never been one of louis' strengths. it simply confused the boy and gave him headaches. he had his focus on his journal, doodling little things to pass the time.

"louis." the teacher called for the third time.

the boy finally looked up to face her, and could feel his cheeks start to burn when he realized everyone's attention was on him.

"um, y-yes miss?" he squeaked, mentally cursing at himself for not speaking louder.

louis sunk in his heat when he heard snickering around him. he bit his lip trying to ignore them. the teacher shushed the class with a glare and turned her attention back to louis.

"did you hear what i said, louis?" she asked him.

he shook his head, sheepishly.

she sighed and walked towards him and held out her hand. "give it to me." she said.

his eyes widened. "w-what?" his little hands clutched the journal tighter.

"mr. tomlinson i don't have the time to do this right now. give it to me or i won't hesitate to send you out of my class." she hissed.

he looked down, feeling his eyes starting to water. he hesitantly handed her the journal without looking up.

"thank you." she muttered, coldly. she turned her back and threw the journal on her desk carelessly, making louis flinch.

class carried on, and louis tried to ignore the fact that the boys behind him kept staring at him and then laughing. he definitely tried to ignore a certain curly hair lad at the back of the class, who wouldn't stop looking at him.

he had just made a fool out of himself in front of one of his only maybe friends here.

louis sighed in relief when he heard the bell, signaling the end of class. he started to pack his things and was quickly walking out the door when a voice held him back.

"louis, can you wait a moment please."

he felt his heart stop when the teacher had called him back. he put his shaking hands in his pockets and slowly walked towards her.

"yes, miss?" he asked quietly.

he bit his nails when he realize she was flipping through the journal. she closed the journal and slid it to him on her desk.

"i want you to pay more attention in class from now on, alright? no more dazing off like today in class." she said harshly.

he grabbed his journal quickly and nodded his head rapidly. "yes, miss. it won't happen again." he promised. he started to scurry out again when she called out to him again.

"oh, and louis?"

"yes?"

she smiled. "you have a great talent." she told him honestly.

he flushed and nodded, "thank you." he squeaked and hurried out.

×

louis sighed when he finally reached his locker. the hallways were emptying out quickly and he just wanted to be back home again.

"hey, twink!"

he froze when he heard someone shout behind him. he didn't dare turn around, so he just locked his locker and started to walk away pretending he didn't hear.