s e v e n

June 18, 2014 | 6:56pm. i heard this voice and it really creeped me out. then i realised that it was me, talking to myself.

*

"Itachi, really. What do you do every night?"

Itachi looked up from his dinner plate, eyes glazed over, as Yuki squinted at him in curiosity.

"Huh?"

"You always look so tired," said Yuki, frowning and sitting across from the Uchiha. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Yuki watched her husband, not believing a single word he was saying.

"Do you want a drink?" she asked, concerned by the appearance of the dark shadows under his eyes. In Yuki's eyes, something was eating away at Itachi. And she knew that that something, was [Name].

Skeptic, Yuki rose to her feet and went back to the kitchen, leaving Itachi alone to pick away at his dinner in solitude.

"I loved that dish." A clear, distinct voice, definitely aimed towards Itachi.

"Hmm?" Itachi looked up, expecting to see Yuki walking towards him with his drink, but was shocked to see that no one was there.

"What?" He called out to Yuki, who said, "What is it?"

"Did you say something before?"

"No." Itachi rubbed his eyes, shaking it off.

"Ah, my imagination..." said the tired raven, picking up his fork again and resuming his dinner. He briefly looked up at the sound of Yuki entering the dining room again, and almost had a heart attack as he saw a shadow behind her.

It was a menacing dark figure that loomed over Yuki, who had two cups in her hands, and had its jaw open in a toothy grin aimed at Itachi. He yelled out and leapt to his feet, pulling Yuki out of harm's way as the creature snarled silently.

"Ow! Itachi! What is it?!" exclaimed Yuki, fearing for her life as Itachi pulled her into his arms, thus spilling the cups of water she had brought over.

However, when Itachi looked back, the looming figure was gone, leaving him with Yuki in his arms, and water splashed all across their carpet.

"Itachi?" Yuki looked in concern at her husband as he let go of her, backing away from the scene. "Itachi, where are you going?"

Itachi took off to their bedroom, pulling out [Name]'s 2014 diary and fervently turning to where he had left off.

June 19, 2014 | 3:33am. i think i'm going crazy??????

"So do I," whispered Itachi, tracing a finger over [Name]'s words as he continued reading. "So do I."