Curvaceous Kevlar and Luscious Leather - Part 2

"I'll make sure this idiot never bothers you again, ladies," Sheriff Harkin swore.

I waved down the rapturous applause. "Thank you. Now, we better be going, boys. You keep this idiot to cool off and we'll be mightily in your debt."

Gertie and Bessie grinned as they tipped the deputies' hats to their former owners, sauntering outside.

"But…but…your clothes!" Sheriff Harkins protested, holding out the frothy lace number he'd been holding for the past half-hour.

I winked, slapping my leather-clad thigh. "Keep it as a souvenir. For I'll cherish mine." I tipped my new sheriff's hat to him as I followed the rest of the girls out.

Five horses and Bessie's motorcycle stood outside. "Well, safe trip back, girls." I told them.

Vera looked surprised. "Aren't you coming back with us? We're Kitty's Heavenly Seven – what'll we call ourselves if you go and there's only six?"

I shrugged and smiled. "Something else. How 'bout the Sexy Six?"

Tessa screwed her nose up. "Something more original, maybe?"

I laughed. "You'll work it out along the way. Good luck girls – my path is to a new home now." I waved as they rode off.

Alone, I looked at the lonely building that was the sheriff's lock-up. With a smile for the lonely men inside, I strode west, into the setting sun.

When I figured I was out of sight and earshot, I pulled out my communicator and touched it to my ear. "Jamie?"

"Kitty? Report," she replied tersely.

"Kirk's been arrested for attempting to bring strippers onto the base, as ordered."

"Well done, Lieutenant Deer. I have assumed command of the crew and the Enterprise. Report to the ship immediately. We take off in two hours. Make sure you're aboard."

I smiled. "Yes, ma'am. Do we have a uniform yet?"

Jamie coughed. "Ah…no. Do you happen to have a corset?"

I looked down at my leather. "No, I was going for more of a leather and cowhide look."

Silence. "With the gloves?"

I lifted my rifle onto my shoulder. "Yes, ma'am."

"Curvaceous Kevlar and luscious leather. Perfect for this crew. Welcome aboard, Lieutenant."

"Thank you. A pleasure, Commander Church."

* * * * * * *

If you'd like to see the slideshow of all of Kitty's Heavenly Seven, it's the external link on the right.