Chapter 3: I don't need your help

Standing there was Trey. My ex-boyfriend. What the hell was Trey doing here?

He instantly ran in there and started going at Kevin. Literally, he pushed him to the ground and started punching him and kicking him. How could he be doing this? He was only the same age as me, whereas Kevin was in his 30s.

"Trey stop" I yelled. I knew Kevin would retaliate badly and I couldn't watch anymore people get hurt.

But he didn't stop. Then I saw him pull out something from his pocket. It was big, black and had a lot of power. It was a shotgun. I didn't know what to say. I didn't think he would have that up his sleeve.

Instantly a loud ear-blistering sound blasted through the room. It was a gunshot. I looked away suddenly, not to see the damage that had been done.

"Let's go" he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of there. But every ounce of my body hurt. I could barely walk and even see. I had bruises everywhere. It was just like at our old house. When I tried to stick up for mom but would get shut back down.

But how could he have just killed Kevin like that. I wasn't planning on any of this happening today. I just wanted today to be a normal day. I could barely speak or move.

As we were running, I collapsed. I felt so defeated and I knew I couldn't go on. But he had managed to pick me up bridal style. A part of me just wanted to lie there forever and just disappear. I've gotten myself into such a huge mess and it can't be fixed. I always stay out of trouble. Also, Trey would get in trouble. He couldn't get away with killing a police officer.

He put me in the back of his car and started driving off. My eyelids started to feel heavy and things started getting blurry.

A few hours later

I woke up in a warm comfy bed. The sheets were soft and relaxing. The dimmed lights brought a sense of tranquility. Sprawled out on the bed, I looked over to my right and nearly had a heart attack. Trey was lying next to me.

"You iight?" He pushed my hair out of my face and smiled down on me.

That's when I remembered it all. Kevin's attack again and Trey's rescue. It's so surreal how all of this happened just a couple hours ago.

A killer headache just came on and I winced in pain. I've had loads of headaches before but this by far is the worst.

"Here - take these" He handed me a glass of water and two tablets. I didn't even question what the tablets were, I just gulped them down straightaway.

"Thanks" I muttered.

I shouldn't be in bed with Trey. He's my ex, and I remember exactly why I broke up with him. He cheated on me with my best friend, well my ex-best friend now. I forgive him for what he did but we're never getting back together.

"Err...I should go" I stood up and scanned the room for my shoes and my phone. I could tell we were in a hotel. I know Trey's dad own this hotel so he comes here whenever he pleases. I've been here with him before. This is where he cheated on me with my ex-bestie.

"You don't have to go, boo" He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Trey, stop." I pushed him away. "You know why I have to leave"