Chapter Two: Emails

Start from the beginning

He was startled by the phone buzzing in his hand. "Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, Tom it's Adam." The man's voice came over the speakers.

"Hi!"

" If you're open tomorrow night you can meet her at our house. We don't want to make a scene when she meets you and all,
so Megan and I thought that our house would suffice."

Tom stood up quickly, knocking over things in the process. "Of course. I know this will be hard on everyone. What time do you want me to come over?"

"Say 7?"

"Perfect, see you tomorrow Adam."

"Bye, Tom."

~End Of Memory~

"I was staying at a hotel in the same town and decided to meet her."

So you just decided to show up and say hey, I'm your dad nice to meet you.

"No. I had contact with the parents the whole time. I called them and we planned a night."

Well that's even more better. Seriously Tom what happened that you left your child with strangers?

Tom's mind started to race at the thought of his lover. The secret lover he had so long ago. "Nothing, I have to go now. But tomorrow around 5ish?"

He heard Ben sigh. Sure. I'll se you then Tom.

"Bye Ben." He replied.

Glancing at the time on his phone, he was surprised at how long it has been since he left Alibhe's room.

Twenty minutes later, while he was replying back to Joss again, he heard a loud thunk and a muffled curse, before Ailbhe walked down softly from her bedroom. She definitely fell asleep as her hair was all over and she had drool across her cheek.

"Good Evening, Ailbhe. Sleep well?" He looked up from where he was sitting.

"Look at my hair and face Hiddleston and I think you'd get an answer." She answered, moving her hair around.

"What happened up there?"

She blushed and looked down. "Well, two things happened. One, when I was lying down to sleep I hit my head on the suitcases so I pushed them off of the bed. Two, the same suitcases were there when I got out of bed and I tripped over them."

Tom laughed which made Ailbhe laugh also. "I'm a cults. I trip over my feet all the time." She explained through her laughs.

"You were sleeping for quite awhile. I had a shower, made some tea, did some laundry, and answered some emails." Tom said after a minute of silence. "You slept for almost two hours."

"I'm surprised I only slept that long. I usually sleep longer, but I think it's because it's a new place." She answered.

Tom nodded and leaned back on the sofa. "So..." He trailed off.

"So..."

"I invited Benedict and Sophie to come meet you tomorrow night." He announced.

He saw Ailbhe's eyes widen. "Benedict Cumberbatch?" She exclaimed.

He nodded, smiling at how her lips curled up into a smile and a little squeal came out of her mouth.

"That's awesome, I really love his work as Sherlock and Smaug! "

"He does a fantastic job doesn't he." Tom agreed, standing up heading for the kitchen.

"He does, as do you." She said, trailing behind him. " I mean, you do fantastic job at playing Loki and Freddie Page."

Tom laughed and set to work in the kitchen. "Thank you, darling."

He looked up and saw Ailbhe digging through drawers. "What are you doing, darling?" He questioned.

She stopped digging and put her hands on her hips. "I'm looking for an apron so I can help make dinner."

Tom shook his head and walked over to her. "You are not helping tonight. You are going to be relaxing."

Ailbhe pouted. "But I want to help. I need to brush up on my cooking skills."

"Okay, fine. You win!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "The aprons are in the third cabinet and fifth drawer down."

The rest of the night was filled with smoke detectors going off, a burnt dinner and takeout. But it was the perfect day for Ailbhe to end her first day with Tom as her father.