farm boy

Me and Ty kept running away, it was beginning to get dark, I felt a little uneasy again, as always at night, alone with my Ty baby. we ran back through the woody park, till we saw a rather abandoned shed farm barn, small, rusty red, but in the dark with the moonlight shiny down on it, it looked rather welcoming to me and my little puppy.

so we ran down the field towards the barn and rushed inside, but quietly, I picked up Ty and held him close, till I knew it was definitely abandoned. after I was satisfied I put him down, and begun sorting out some hay stacks into a rectangle, in a way which was going to be our bed. Ty sniffed around everything, every corner, every part of the barn he could squeeze his tiny little nose into. I set our blanket out on the hay, then tucked myself in.

"Ty, come on boy, time to sleep." I called, he came trotting over to the hay, a rather happy look on his tiny little face, I giggled then picked him up, and tucked him in with me under the blanket. I stroked him gently, rhymically till eventually he was asleep, I watched him sleep, then eventually I fell asleep too, my last image was his little face peacefully sleeping next to me.

ZACK

I looked through the magazine, at my local shop, looking for something that would tell me the situation my dear brother was in with his wife, and daughter. my girlfriend told me she saw police cars outside their house yesterday, which means something was happening and I wanted to know what that thing was. as I was flicking through an image caught my eye, I snapped and opened it back to that page, as I saw what is was, I smile spread across my face;

'billionaire couple Eve and Heath Carlton have recently had a sudden shock, their daughter Jessica Carlton ran away from their family home in the fields of France. this is surprising for everyone we spoke to, as she was described to be a very happy jolly young girl to all who was near her. this is an odd term events for the family. the couple refused to give any comment to our questions, and slammed the door crying. we hope she is safely returned to the family soon, and our best wishes are with the family.' underneath the text was a picture of them crying at their house, talking to the police who was surrounding their house and talking to them.

well this was brilliant for me, absolutely perfect. this was my opportunity to get revenge on years of disregard and hate from Heath to me, their horrid words, tricks, I will repay them, but this time, not directly.

EVE

"Heath will you get your arse in here now!!!" I yelled from the kitchen to the office where Heath was contacting everyone he knew to get help finding our daughter. I heard him running down the hall towards my location.

"What, Jessica? is she here?" his tired face exclaimed as he entered the kitchen.

"No, baby, not Jessica, its the magazine, they've featured our story in it! this is shit heath!" I told him, his face dropped, and he instantly looked 10 years older than he used too, bags held heavily round his eyes, not the young smiling handsome jolly boy I married 10 years ago, this was scaring me, the way his eyes reflected only darkness, all the light was gone. when he didn't reply, I threw the news paper in the bin, and walked over to him, I pulled up his face to look into my eyes, they were watery and badly blood shot. I rested my palm on his cheek, he nuzzled my hand, and then I pulled him into a big hug, one of those ones where you want to transfer all your strength left into the other person, make them feel less lonely and stronger again.

"Im sorry Evie." he whispered in such pain it broke my heart.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes with confusion. "For what...?"

"everything, choosing you, forcing you into this, then having a child, I should've known she was at a risk with zack around, this is all his doing I know it. and if I hadn't chosen you..." he paused in utter pain..."...you and Jessica wouldn't be here, in this awful situation. everyday I think about the pain ive caused you and our daughter, and the life you would've had without me in it, peaceful, safe, and happy, but instead look at us, crying, not sleeping with our daughter out in the world somewhere with the possibility of zack following her or with her right this second-" I stopped him when I saw he was out of breath.