Awake

I felt something cold and wet, slushing up and down my face, opening my eyes I saw my small puppy Ty licking my face with alertness and excitement. I giggled and pushed his petite face away from mine.

"Ew Ty, don't do that!" I laughed sitting up and wiping my face on my blanket, he sat down waggling his tail looking at me with a wildness spark in his beady eyes.

Peering round the tree roots I saw it was morning, the sun peeked just above the surface that I could see, and the sky lit an almost red orange colour. The trees swayed gently reminding me of little tiny flowers from Disney films that used to sing and dance. Smiling I looked down at Ty, still in the same position he bum shuffled towards me slightly.

"It's time for us to go Ty." I stroked his little fury forehead, then packed my stuff into the ruck sack, before shoving it over my back. Standing up Ty ran out of the roots alarming me because of his leg, and I didn't want to loose him. I ran out and looked sharply around for him. "Ty!!" I yelled, suddenly he popped out of the bushes with a guilty look on his adorable little face, smirking I crossed my arms. "Did you do a poopy? Well this once I cant pick it up, but we will go to a shop and get some bags and treats, oh and also a lead...but for now..." I looked round into my ruck sack and pulled out some thin cushioned rope, then gently picking him up because of his leg, I tied it round his neck, then placed him down again. He jumped and wiggled, while I held on to the rope tightly laughing at his genuine happiness. "Your so cute!" I giggled when he barked at me with an attention seeking expression. "You little show off!" I patted his little head while he wiggled his butt. "Come on we need to get moving." I smiled then begun to walk along the path. He followed like a good boy, always sniffing for food or something.

After two straight hours of walking, when the sun had fully rose, I begun to feel tired, hungry and thirsty. I slumped to the path side where a road ran next to it. Ty followed curious as to what I was looking at. Across the road, was a row of houses, which looked like they went on for a long way. The country side was so annoying! No food shops or toilets! We crossed the road jogging gently, so he could keep up with his sore leg. We walked along the road looking for a shop, after the road finished I became desperate and Ty was whimpering...i crouched down and looking into his tired black eyes I saw he was in pain...I picked him up in my arms, he woke slightly licking my face in a thankful way. I walked along the country path again, it had to be midday by now, just as I came to giving up, I saw a huge sign, 'farm foods, organic products here!' I lit up and ran down the road to the shop, Ty was asleep in my small arms, but snoring in a cute way. I walked through the automatic doors and went to the meat isle, picking up some bacon I grinned, then looked at Ty, hmm he needed something definitely. I walked over to a shop assistant, she turned and smiled.

"Can I help you?" She smiled, her green eyes smiling to me.

"Do you have anything I can feed my dog?" I asked lightly.

"Hmmm, we do have some organic dog food, meaty bites their called, third isle to your left." She pointed to where I needed to go.

"Thankyou." I grinned.

"Your far from home." She stated, how did she know...

"How do you know?" I asked suspiciously.

"No one comes here often...it's so isolated it barely exists! Plus you look familiar...like I've seen you from the tv or something..." She narrowed her eyes.

"No, aha, I live down the road...just moved here in fact, I was just exploring with my dog, but we got hungry so I came here, because it looked cute!" I grinned lying as best I could.

"Hmmm, okay....well yes meaty bites is what your looking for." She turned and walked away from me, I frowned then walked to get the meaty bites.

******

I found another huge tree just down from the shop, so I could get more supplies if I needed to. I set up a fire and lit it using a stick and a rock, as soon as it lit, Ty jumped awake startled at the sight, he leaped onto my lap and snuggled between my legs.

"Here you go Ty." I held out some meaty bites, then poured some into a plastic container which my meat had been in, he pounced onto the bowl and stuffed his face at once, then I fed him some water from my bottle. After, while my bacon was cooking over the fire on a stick, he curled in my lap while I stroked him rhythmically. Hmmm I could do this, live like this, I'm awake and happy, but my parents flashed into my mind, as they were awake, but not happy....