Chapter 14

Author's Note: Because the OC was out of it for a few days, she missed the funeral and the mourning period is mostly over. That's why in the next chapter Lizzie isn't sad and Ciel, well, he doesn't really cry anyway so, he's fine. Again, sorry if characters are out of character or ideas are similar to other fanfics. I don't have that much more to post, as I'm going to post the rest of what I had, and see if you guys think I should continue it. Enjoy!

   When I came to, I was in my bed at Ciel’s house. Sunlight was streaming in through a window and I tried to sit up but a hand pushed me back down.

   “You’re not ready to be up yet.” Ciel said.

   “How long was I out?” I asked as I adjusted my position on the bed.

   “A few days.” replied Ciel.

   “Is Grell dead?” I asked anxiously.

   “No.” Ciel muttered darkly.

   “Ciel, I’m sorry. I’m so sor-“I started to say but Ciel cut me off.

    “Lily, please, just rest some more. We can talk about it when you’re feeling better.” requested Ciel. I closed my eyes and snuggled back into the blankets. I felt a light pressure on my cheek and opened my eyes to see Ciel kissing me. I blushed furiously and started to say something but he just pushed a finger against my lips and told me to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes once more and fell back asleep in an instant.

   When I woke up for the second time, it was night. Mey Rin wasn’t in her bed so I assumed that they had moved her to another room so she didn’t bother me. I slowly got up and, when I still felt fine, I started walking towards the door. I realized that I was in just my underclothes so I quickly slipped on one of my nightshirts and opened the door. I wasn’t really sure why I was up; I just didn’t want to be alone. I knocked on the door to Ciel’s room and heard a faint “Come in” so I opened the door. Ciel was sitting on his bed while Sebastian was dressing him for the night.

   “Hi.” I murmured.

   “Ah, so Sleeping Beauty is awake at last huh?” joked Sebastian. I blushed and walked over to Ciel’s bed and sat down next to him.

   “Are you sure you should be up already?” asked Ciel.

   “I don’t know.” I mumbled. “I was just tired of being alone.”

   “You can sleep in here if you want.” offered a blushing Ciel. Sebastian finished dressing Ciel and exited the room. Ciel moved to the other side of the bed and lay down on his back. I got under the covers and moved closer to him. I placed my head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

   “Night Ciel.” I murmured before falling asleep once again.

   I woke up when Sebastian starting shaking me.

   “Lily, you must get up now.” Sebastian whispered in my ear. I blinked in confusion. Ciel was still asleep next to me and I didn’t want to get up.

   “Why?” I asked groggily.

   “Mistress Elizabeth is on her way here.” he replied darkly. That woke me up. I sat up quickly and Sebastian picked me up and carried me to my room. I sighed.

   “Are you okay, Lily?” Sebastian asked.

   “Yes, yes.” I said with a wave of my hand. He had a look on his face that said he didn’t believe me.

   “Fine.” I mumbled. “I don’t like Lady Elizabeth.” I said while staring down at the floor. Sebastian looked at me with a smirk on his face.

   “Are you jealous of Lady Elizabeth?” he asked with a grin.

   “Of course I am!” I muttered with a scowl. “She’s Ciel’s fiancée. I know he doesn’t like me but I’m still jealous of her. And even worse, I can’t hate her. She’s too nice.” I said with a sigh. Sebastian looked at me sadly.

   “I must go wake up the young master now and I suggest you get dressed as well.”said Sebastian gently. I nodded. Sebastian left the room and I went over to my closet. I picked out a blue dress that was similar to the color of Ciel’s eyes. It had long sleeves and went down to the floor. It was very simple, which was one of the things I loved about it. I put on my brown boots and swiftly tied them. I brushed my hair and just left it down like I normally did.

   I exited the room and ran into Sebastian.

   “Sorry.” I mumbled in a tired voice. I ran a hand across my head and realized I still had gauze on.

   “Hey Sebastian, is this thing ready to come off yet?” I asked.

   “Let’s see shall we?” he said and gently removed the wrapping. He handed me a small hand mirror so I could see my reflection.

   “Where’d you get that?” I asked curiously. His pockets weren’t big enough to hold it and we were standing in an empty hallway.

   “If I couldn’t do that, what kind of butler would I be?” Sebastian responded with a smirk.

   “A regular one?” I suggested. This caused him to laugh and while he was laughing I looked at myself in the mirror. The gash wasn’t too bad now. It was pretty thin and just slightly pink. I noticed that my cheeks had thinned out a bit and I guessed it was from helping clean up around the house. My eyes seemed brighter than usual behind my glasses and my hair was just a bit longer.

   I handed the mirror back to Sebastian and we walked down to the dining hall.