Chapter 9

Author's Note:Sorry if the amounts are off. I'm not familiar with pounds and such. Anyways, if you find this, enjoy!  

   “My, my. My little robin, what are you doing wandering around?” the Viscount asked with a smile. I leaned in close to his ear.

   “I’ve become bored of dancing and such. Perhaps you could take me somewhere more, exciting?” I replied while trying to sound seductive. He seemed to think it over for a moment before snaking his arm around my waist. On the outside I blushed but on the inside I was revolted. Ciel would never- I stopped my thought there. I have got to stop thinking about Ciel.

   “Hmm, yes well, I suppose you’re old enough little robin.” the Viscount said with a devious smirk. His hand inched a bit farther down my waist, resting at my hips. He then led me to a door and opened it for me. I stepped inside. I didn’t see anything but darkness but before I could say anything my vision started going hazy.

   “Good night, little robin.” the Viscount whispered in my ear as I fell into darkness.

   When I came to, I couldn’t see anything. I assumed he had put a blindfold on me. I heard people talking and listened intently.

   “And here we have a beautiful specimen. Dark brown hair and green eyes. Keep her for yourself or sell her for parts.” the Viscount was saying. “Shall we start the bidding at say, 1,000 pounds?”

   “5,000!” a voice shouted.

   “6,000!” another voice shouted. This went on for quite some time while I tried to loosen the ropes tying my hands and feet together. Come on Ciel. Come on Sebastian. Where the hell are you? As soon as I thought this, my vision became even darker through the blindfold and I assumed the lights had went out. I heard screams and shouts and thuds. I heard metal screeching and my blindfold was removed from my face and I could move my hands and feet again. I blinked to adjust my eyes and was scooped up in somebody’s arms, bridal style. I looked down at the cage I was in to see the bars ripped apart. How the hell had that happened?

   “Hey what the hell?! I can walk on my own, you know.” I said in annoyance. The person who I now recognized as Sebastian didn’t put me down.

   “Lily, what happened?” asked Ciel who was next to my face. For a moment I couldn’t breathe, but I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

    “The Viscount led me into a room. My vision started going black and I passed out. When I woke up, he was auctioning me off as he said “to keep for yourself or sell for parts”. I couldn’t see anything and my hands and feet were tied. Then you guys came and did this.” I said while gesturing around at all the unconscious bodies on the floor.

   “Hmm. It seems that the Viscount isn’t Jack the Ripper. Odd. Anyways, Sebastian, take us home now.” replied Ciel.

   “At once, my lord.” Sebastian said. Sebastian carried me to the carriage while Ciel walked besides us. When we arrived at the carriage, Sebastian opened the door and carefully placed me on one of the seats. Ciel climbed in after me.

   “Are you okay Lily?” Ciel asked thoughtfully. Hmm. That was out of character for Ciel.

   “Yeah. I’m fine. Just a little tired.” I said while stifling a yawn.

   “We’re still an hour or so away from the manor. Why don’t you try to sleep?” suggested Ciel. I nodded and lay down on the long carriage seat. I tried nuzzling my head into the seat but it was just not a good pillow. I sighed and gave up. I just lay there with my eyes closed. I tossed and turned but I could not get comfortable on the seat. After a few minutes of this, Ciel sighed and told me to sit up. I did, and he sat on my seat next to me.

   “Lay back down.” Ciel said and I did obediently which caused my head to be on his lap. Ah, this was a much better pillow.

   “Better?” asked Ciel.

   “Much.” I mumbled. Already, sleep was closing in on me. I nuzzled my head a bit on his lap to get more comfortable and fell quickly asleep.