Chapter 7

Author's Note: I apologize if the characters don't act right or if the events aren't in exactly the right order. Sorry if they are. I'm trying my best.  :)

   “Are you guys ready to go or-what are you staring at? Do I have something on my face?” I asked anxiously. Nobody said anything. They just continued to gawk at me. I waved my hand in front of Ciel’s face. No response.

   “Ciel. Earth to Ciel. Are you okay?” I said snapping my fingers in front of his face. That snapped him out of it.

   “What?” he asked jumping back to reality and glancing at me. “And what are you wearing?” he asked, surprised.

   “It’s a dress Ciel. I’ve worn dresses before.” I said exasperated.

   “I know it’s just…” Ciel trailed off.

   “It’s just what?” I asked suddenly curious.

   “It’s just *cough* you look *cough* really pretty.” mumbled Ciel, causing me to blush.

   “Oh, thank you. You look really nice tonight too.” I replied. This caused Ciel to blush as well. It was true though. He looked even more handsome than usual. He was wearing a dark blue outfit which enhanced his one blue eye even more. Sebastian glanced at his pocket watch.

   “Young master, we should leave now if we want to make it to the party on time.” said Sebastian.

   “Yes of course.” Ciel said as he started walking towards the door. I followed. Somebody whistled from behind me and I blushed. Ciel turned around and looked at me with a strange look on his face. What was that look? Was he, jealous? No, of course not. Ciel doesn’t like you. You need to remember that. He quickly turned back around and continued walking. The carriage ride to the party was rather awkward since Madame Red and Grell decided to take their own carriage. I sat on one side of the carriage and Ciel sat on the other while Sebastian sat up front and drove. I kept sneaking glances at Ciel because he just looked so nice tonight. Unfortunately, he noticed.

   “Why do you keep looking at me?” Ciel asked sounding annoyed.

   “Oh um-“ I started but was interrupted by Sebastian announcing that we were there. I quickly walked to the door and jumped out. Woah. This house was huge. Ciel’s was too but this one was just made for parties. There were trees all over the place and a beautiful pond and garden. Ciel quickly caught up to me and started walking next to me.

   “Walk me through the plan one more time please?” I whispered into his ear causing him to jump. “Sorry.” He leaned his face next to my ear like I had done to him but I shivered as he started to talk.

   “We’ll dance together to try to find Viscount Druitt. Then, you’ll *cough* seduce him enough to take you into the “back room”. Sebastian and I will find you and we’ll catch Druitt. Got it?” Ciel whispered into my ear.

   “Yeah.” I whispered back. We continued walking up the walkway to Druitt’s house with Sebastian behind us and we eventually reached the front door. Ciel knocked and I stood behind him while Sebastian stood behind me. The door opened revealing a man.