«chapter 20»

Chapter 20

•Niall•

The rest of my week was almost exactly the same. I would make Harry go in first, get a small beating by Sean, then I would head to first period and meet up with Harry later. But what surprised me most, is the fact that neither of us was contacted by Liam or Louis. Did they forget? Or just not care?

"Twenty-nine, thirty! I will find you Nialler!" I heard Harry call out. Currently, we were playing hide and seek, and I had climbed into his highest cabinet, one that even he couldn't reach. I had no doubt that he would not check there.

There was some slamming amongst the hallway. I felt like snickering, because I knew he was checking my usual hiding places.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Harry cackled like an old witch. Luckily, while Harry wasn't looking, I snitched his phone and placed mine in a different room. I called my number off his phone, silencing it with my hand.

"Found yo-aw! Dammit!" I heard Harry yell. Looks like he found my phone. "Niall, this isn't funny!" I decided that it was time for me to get down and return to base before Harry got there. I climbed down the wall skillfully and skipped into his loft area.

Five minutes later, he walked into the room, looking sullen. "You know, it only wasn't funny because you lost," I pointed out. Harry's head snapped up and he screeched like a little girl.

"For God's sake, Niall!" He yelled, placing a hand over his heart. I fell to the floor, laughing my head off. "It wasn't funny!"

"But, mate... It was!" I yelled, laughing harder. Harry started grumbling, making me laugh harder than I thought possible. But we were both silenced by Harry's phone-which was still in my hand-ringing.

"H-hello?" He stuttered, picking it up. I heard a faint murmuring on the other side, before Harry yelled, "Fuck you!" And dropped the phone, stepping on it.

"Who was it, Haz?" I placed an hand on his shoulder to get him to stop jumping on the phone.

"L-Louis." He sniffed, burying his head in my neck. "He said he wanted to see me, but then I yelled and dropped the phone, and well, you saw the rest. I don't want to see him, Ni. I really don't," He sniffed again, and I felt his hot tears on my neck.

"I know, Haz. But we are probably going to end up facing them some day. So, we meet up with them, say we aren't interested, and call it a week?" I suggest, trying to make Harry giggle. It worked.

"Sure," He mumbled, pressing himself tighter to me. I pulled my phone out of his pocket.

To: Liam

Hey, haz & i wanna meet up. free tom?

I didn't bother adding any x's or o's, knowing this would all be over soon.

From: Liam

Yeah, lou & i will be at starbucks @ 10. See you there?

To: Liam

Yeah, see you there, mate

I fell asleep not much later.

Liam•

"He said they wanted to meet up!" I practically screamed at Louis. "They want to see us!"

"That's not what Harry said over the phone..." Louis trailed off, looking tired.

"What did he say?" Zayn asked. He somehow had food. I tried not to pay any mind.

"Before or after he dropped the phone?"

"Both, please. I love hearing about people's dramatic love life's," Zayn took a bite out of the sandwich he was holding.

"Well, before he dropped the phone, he yelled 'fuck you!' and after he dropped the phone, he said something along the lines of 'I don't want to see him again, Ni. I really don't.' And that's when the line went dead," Louis looked distressed.

"Look, Lou, I'm sure we'll clear everything up tomorrow. For now, let's all try to get some sleep, yeah?" I nodded, trying to calm him.

"Yeah, let's get some sleep."

•-•

I JUST ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THIS AUTHORS NOTE WHOOPS

NEWLY EDITED ON:

(2/03/14)