Couples Counseling part 2

Chapter 29
Finns pov :
I walked into Dr.Sheppards office and sat down. "Hi Finn. " Dr.Sheppard said.

"Hello." I said.

"So Finn what do you do for a living?" He asked me.

"I'm a teacher. " I said.

"Ah what do you teach?" He asked me.

"History and I also run the glee club." I told him.

"Is that how you and Rachel met through the glee club?" He asked me.

"No but she and I were both in it that's pretty much where it all started. " I said .

"Finn after 13 years of not seeing Rachel did you ever once think about her?" He asked me.

"Everyday. Her and Emma were my only good thoughts." I said.

"Who's Emma?" He asked me.

" Emma is our daughter well was our daughter she died . There was something wrong with her heart. " I told him.

"How old was she?" He asked me.

"A couple weeks old. Rachel was so crushed and we were just in big time trouble. Dr. Sheppard it's my fault Rachel and I got divorced I cheated on her. I was drunk and it just it felt like marriage was already over. When I told her the expression on her face burned into my mind , I will never forget how dissapointed she was in me. I just want her to forgive me so badly. How can she forgive me?" I asked him.

"Do you forgive yourself Finn? For what you did?" He asked me.

"No, why?" I asked him.

"Finn how can you expect Rachel to forgive you when you can't forgive yourself? You see Rachel loves you, she doesn't judge you only you judge who you are. So Finn who are you? " He asked me. I sat there silent and then he got up and said , "Rachel come in please. " He said at the door opening it.

Rachel walked in and sat down. "Today we made some progress we talked about things that we fear so now is the time for you two to talk and listen. " He told us. "Finn do you have anything to say to Rachel?" He asked me.

I looked at Rachel and said , "I want you to forgive me for cheating on you. " I told her.

"Finn lets try I feel instead of I want." Dr. Sheppard told me.

"Right. " I said, "Rachel I feel like you don't forgive me for cheating on you after Emma died." I told her.

"Finn I told you I did." She said.

"But I don't believe you and I feel like you use it every time I make a mistake." I said.

"Rachel is it true do you? " Dr. Sheppard asked her.

"I don't mean too its just I feel like if we have this baby and it dies than we're going to go down the same path as last time and I don't want that Finn because you and I have been through so much together and I cant do this without you." She said.

"But you're not Rach , you're not in this alone because you have me. I am here and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon." I told her.

"You don't?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"Of course not , you're my person Rachel I'm not going anywhere. " I said.

"Rachel you said that you're afraid to lose this baby correct? " He asked me.

"Yeah. " She said.

"Come with me." He said and we followed him too the gynecologist department of the hospital. "Finn, Rachel, this is Dr.Korev he is a pediatrical doctor here . Dr.Korev Ms.Berry is pregnant could you show us her baby?" He asked him.

"Sure , sit down and lift your shirt." Dr.Korev told her.

She sat down and lifted her shirt. Than Dr.Korev took the monitor and showed us the baby. "Doctor how is everything? " Dr.Sheppard asked.

"The baby is perfectly healthy nothing to worry about." Dr.Korev said.

"See , you three are going to be okay. There's nothing to worry about." Dr.Sheppard said.

"What about after? Emma was healthy amd she had an aneurysm and died." Rachel said.

"I promise you Rachel this baby is perfectly healthy nothing is wrong and you can't worry about what could go wrong when nothing is wrong." Dr.Sheppard said.

"Sheppard is right. You have nothing to worry about." Dr.Korev said.

I looked at Rachel and she nodded.

"I'm tired let's go home." She said.

"Wait, come back to my office." He said. We nodded at got back. "Okay so my suggestion is this go home, repax , Finn take off work , plan a vacation, remember why you love eachother. " He told us.

"Thats just it , I can't. " Rachel said and left

.....

Hey guys good news so my new book Unexpected Life 2 is now out on my page so please go and check it out.

Xoxoxo, Natalie ♡